Author Topic: We need the healing powers of COL  (Read 5330 times)

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: We need the healing powers of COL
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2019, 12:45:06 PM »
Thank you for all your suggestions for Archie - much appreciated.  A little update - the poor boy is so tired.  Last night I went upstairs to start filling in the insurance claim form and I said to him "Archie do you want to go to bed?"  He wagged his tail and followed me upstairs and plonked himself on our bed and didn't move for 3 hours. :luv: :luv:
We had a peaceful night and this morning he has eaten a light breakfast of turkey and rice and also drunk some water of his own accord.
I have poached some more turkey this morning and will use some of the liquid to add to either his food or water bowl.
Interestingly the emergency vet call this morning to see how Archie was doing and I said he had eaten some breakfast and she said that would indicate  the haemorragic gastroenteritis was the primary problem with maybe mild pancreatitis as a secondary problem.  If he had pancreatitis as the main issue he would not be eating. 

So relieved - we are going back to our usual vet this afternoon for a check up but hopefully we are over the worst.  :blink:

thank you all once again for your kind thoughts - that's the power of COL  :005:

That sounds reassuring, so glad he seems to making progress. The positive vibes will continue to be sent out though, - until he‘s fully recovered!!  ;)
 :bigarmhug:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2019, 02:09:34 PM »
That is great news, so pleased. A few days TLC and lots of rest should hopefully see a big improvement.  Just as an aside, and not meant to worry you at all, but Bertie had pancreatitis in his latter days and it wasn't picked up until very late on as he was still eating, so it is not a definitive.

Offline woodlander

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 03:39:12 PM »
Just got back from the vet for a checkup.  She is very pleased with his progress  :clapping:
Thanks EJP - yes he was tested for pancreatitis and it came back with a positive result so I think we have to be vigilant with his diet from now on but the vet was saying that the primary reason for the illness was probably gastroenteritis which then triggered the pancreatitis as a secondary problem as well.  She has recommended "bland is best" for now with a gradual return to Lilly's Kitchen Senior which he has done well on previously.  I think that he picked up something from the garden which has given him this major upset.
One more checkup in a couple of weeks time so fingers crossed.

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2019, 07:08:32 PM »
Glad he is feeling better  :luv:

Bea is prone to Pancreatitis and I now read all the labels on food and treats, not easy to find ones that are suitable but thankfully soopa treats are and Bea loves them, might be worth a try in a few months when all has settled down.

https://soopapets.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI48P1zfLN4gIVDrXtCh0uFQeZEAAYASAAEgLMofD_BwE

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2019, 07:16:46 PM »
That is soooo good, well done Archie  :luv:  The only reason I mentioned it, was that the vet didn't think pancreatitis was an issue for Bertie and only tested for it laterally as a matter of course.  He was really shocked to discover that it was positive.  With hindsight, I think Bertie's other issues started it off, but anyway, most importantly Archie has had a good report from the vet and things are looking better.  Really pleased for you.

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2019, 07:02:58 AM »
Just caught up with this post, I’m glad that things have settled down.
My new rescue Olive has a history of pancreatitis, I feed her chappie wet and dried. There are a few treats that are low fat, I also freeze the use bits of left over chicken.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010