Author Topic: Dream visit from my Ruby  (Read 3299 times)

Offline rubyrules

• 0ur beautiful bundle of fun, R.I.P 30/5/2019
Dream visit from my Ruby
« on: June 02, 2019, 07:04:37 AM »
As I have posted Ruby went to the bridge on Thursday. I can't ever recall dreaming about her before. On Friday night I had the most beautiful dream. I was sat in the chair in the living room and she came bounding in from the kitchen. She jumped straight into my arms with such force it pushed us backwards. She had lost a lot of weight so this was reassurance she was back to her normal weight. She was so happy and excited to see me, she was licking and kissing me and I could feel her soft fur and smell her! I held her little face in my hands and she was smiling, like cockers do  :005:
There was no goodbye or anything after in the dream just that. I could see and feel she was back to her fit and happy self. I had hoped so much I would have dreamt of her again last night, but I didn't. It might have been a one off special thing, just like she was  :luv:
It doesn't make it any easier but it gave me a chink of light to see her again, even if it was a dream.
Has anyone else had any similar experiences?
Ruby our 1st cocker baby 10/5/2008 - 30/5/2019. You gave us so much, we are so lucky to have shared our lives with you. Run free sweet girl,  until we hold you again  xx

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Dream visit from my Ruby
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 09:13:59 AM »
Sort of, when I lost Smudge, he spent the night before in hospital as he was so poorly. I dreamed that night that I had just gone to pick him up from the breeders as an 8 week pup. It is really peculiar how the mind works at times.

Really happy for you that your visit was a  pleasureable experience, I expect you will 'see' her in all manner of places whilst you are grieving, I know I always have with the ones I have lost. (think most folks are the same)  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline woodlander

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 09:45:46 AM »
That’s lovely - I think she wanted to see you and say “look Mum I’m alright - it will be ok”.  You might be separated in the physical sense but they never really leave us.
Look after yourself

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 10:11:40 AM »
I felt Bertie around the house for a few days after he went to the bridge, and I was convinced I heard Lara a couple of days after she left us.  Who knows what is rel or not, but I found it comforting, and I am glad you do to.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 11:10:04 AM »
That’s lovely - I think she wanted to see you and say “look Mum I’m alright - it will be ok”.  You might be separated in the physical sense but they never really leave us.
Look after yourself

:luv: - Absolutely!

Offline PennyB

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 10:39:57 PM »
I've had dreams like that after pets go - I've had them tell me everything will be OK

Something I find real comfort in are rainbows - the day after Ruby died I was still in that shock part of losing them then while taking the remaining dogs for a walk and as I put my key in the lock after the walk a rainbow appeared above the house. I burst in to tears then but afterwards I felt she was fine so every time I see a rainbow Ruby and I have a chat - yes I talk to rainbows out on walks but somehow it feels right (and no am not going mad LOL). All are now called Ruby's Rainbows
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 06:49:24 AM »
I've had dreams like that after pets go - I've had them tell me everything will be OK

Something I find real comfort in are rainbows - the day after Ruby died I was still in that shock part of losing them then while taking the remaining dogs for a walk and as I put my key in the lock after the walk a rainbow appeared above the house. I burst in to tears then but afterwards I felt she was fine so every time I see a rainbow Ruby and I have a chat - yes I talk to rainbows out on walks but somehow it feels right (and no am not going mad LOL). All are now called Ruby's Rainbows

:luv: That is so lovely Penny! -( its made me well up again remembering  what you went through last year)