Author Topic: Urrgghh. Disgustables  (Read 2741 times)

Offline Westward

• Tessa 04/04/13
Urrgghh. Disgustables
« on: September 06, 2013, 09:00:24 AM »
Sorry for this, but Tessa my little she devil  >:D likes picking up things on our woody walks in a morning.  Usually I can cope with twigs, branches, half footballs, gloves, plastic bottles, crisp packets and stuff like that.

But today she excelled herself.  She picked up a soiled 'lady pad'........   Urgg. She ran around for about five minutes before she dropped it. She was on a long lead at the time and no way was I going to extract it.

Please tell me other dogs pick up disgustables.   It's a nice wood actually, so I was surprised to find it there, still not come across any other similar 'products'

Note.  My new word Disgustable.  I rather think it encompasses things appropriately.  :-)
Tessa 

Offline ATB

Re: Urrgghh. Disgustables
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 09:11:31 AM »
Penny picked up a dirty nappy once, she was off the lead and ripped it to shreads, I honestly haven't smelt anything more foul in my life, what do they feed these children? She was covered in it's contents and nearly puked bathing her, and after having a shower myself I was convinced I could smell it. Give me animal poo over that any day!

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 09:12:35 AM »
Digustables.....i like it!

But it amazes me that people leave such 'disgustables' around for our dogs to get hold of.  

That must have been horrible to have to extract. Yuk!
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 09:17:38 AM »
Bonnie Boo dug up a disposable nappy on the beach only a few weeks ago. They then ban dogs for a large part of the year. Humans are far more disgusting.
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline Chrisant

• Dexter
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 09:22:46 AM »
Dexter picked up a condom only a few weeks ago - which is definitely disgustable!

I was in two minds as to what to do but I got it out and then went straight back in and washed my hands.

Hopefully this will never happen again >:D

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 09:43:14 AM »
Yeurghh! :020:
wish i hadn't read this thread!

Offline Ziggys mum

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 10:18:05 AM »
we've tried to eat dirty nappies, used poo bags, cigarette ends, dead rat, dead mouse and frog and lots more digustables besides.  how do you get your dog back when they run off with something disgusting - they think it's a huge game - tried all sorts of high value treats, but the thrill of the chase is too much.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 10:19:05 AM »
Dexter picked up a condom only a few weeks ago - which is definitely disgustable!

I was in two minds as to what to do but I got it out and then went straight back in and washed my hands.

Hopefully this will never happen again >:D

Don't bank on it  :huh: Smudge's fave pick up was cat poo  :020:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 10:35:49 AM »
My friends working cocker proudly came back to her owner one day after having a good hunt in the woods, sat perfectly in front of owner to present her find.... and tried to present to owner with a ...... vibrator :fear2:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Hannahc7

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 11:54:44 AM »
Urghhh I feel sick reading this... :020:

Maggie has not been too bad YET the worst has been cat poo and crunched up slugs.

On the other hand we caught our springer, Toby eating a huge mouthful of human poo....I am retching thinking about it, the sound and smell was not pleasant. No more springer kisses!

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 12:58:16 PM »
Disgustables .................... great word :lol2:

I walk William and Louis in the New Forest daily and I'm sorry to say that in the summer holiday months there's a big increase in disgustables, which I can only assume is down to some of the many holidaymakers treating the New Forest like a public lavatory and rubbish tip >:( >:(

Louis carried a used ladies sanitary pad in his mouth for a whole walk one day and I've seen him sniffing at condoms and dirty nappies on a couple of occasions too :020:. One of my friends used to walk a Golden Retriever called Dexter for his owner a couple of times a week and tells the tale of Dexter proudly carrying round a soiled pair of very large knickers on a walk and going up to other people and presenting them with the knickers :005:

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 01:08:06 PM »
Omg I wish I hadnt opened this while eating my lunch.....   :o
Riley is a snob, he backs off and runs away at semi disgustables, none anywhere near as bad as mentioned above.
thankfully,  ph34r

Offline Westward

• Tessa 04/04/13
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 01:59:23 PM »
So pleased she's not the only one.

Dirty nappy.....  Serious disgustable..

I suppose it's short for disgusting and collectable.  I was reading your replies to my OH.  Not impressed as he was eating dinner at the time..... 
Tessa 

Offline lettie10

• Jazz & Bailey
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 02:35:15 PM »
Yep, condom found by Jazz too and we were on a pavement walk by a local Primary School!!!!

I also had to extract from her mouth so always have hand wipes in my dog walk bag now!

Just beggars belief >:D >:D >:D
"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 02:59:57 PM »
so far nothing to report, but just love the word "disgustables"
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----