Author Topic: Hello from West Yorkshire  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Micahs Mum

Hello from West Yorkshire
« on: August 13, 2017, 02:48:16 PM »
Hi Everyone

I'm Sam and I currently have two Golden Retrievers, Logan who is 3 1/2 and Alby who is 2.

Next Sunday I bring home Micah who is a blue roan ECS.  :luv: He will be just a little over 8 weeks old. I'm so excited!

I used to be a member of COL many many years ago when I had my first ECS, since then I've also had 2 ACS & now two Goldens. I learnt so much from COL when I first got my ECS which has really stood me in good stead ever since, with all the breeds I've had, & I've always been very grateful for.

Its been a long time since I've had a Cocker puppy so I feel like I'm starting again. My youngest Golden Retriever Alby was certainly challenging & everything I thought I knew about training a puppy after having 6 did not apply to Alby! I had to figure out different ways for just about everything. He's such an amazing boy now who I completely adore but he certainly is responsible for a large number of grey hairs! I hope I'm not being naive when I think surely Micah can't be that bad! ph34r :005:

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and their lovely dogs!  :D

PS I was going to post some pics but try as I might I cannot work out how to do it from Flickr! Any pointers would be gratefully received! I've tried inserting the share link & previewed the post but it doesn't show.
Sam, ECS Micah & Golden Retrievers Logan and Alby

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Hello from West Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 03:44:38 PM »
Hi and welcome back again!
You're right about COL, I've been here since Humphrey came into our lives two years ago and its been a mine of information, advice and comfort. I'd had dogs before they're all different, as you know, so its always good to chat to people who share similar experiences.
Can't help you with Flickr I'm afraid - a lot of people were using Photobucket until recently until they started charging and now I think we're all trying different things out - there's a recent thread on it somewhere. I use IMGbb at the moment as its pretty easy to use but not sure how safe it is.