Author Topic: Hello from Shropshire  (Read 2963 times)

Offline David Morgan

Hello from Shropshire
« on: October 26, 2017, 03:31:35 PM »
Hello everybody

we have three, solid black, cockers: Molly and Murphy, who are nine, from the same litter and greying like roans, and Mason who is six months. Mason is "feisty and gobby" and we all love him to bits, except for Molly and Murphy; they're not so sure.

David

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Hello from Shropshire
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 04:32:54 PM »
Hi and welcome to you and your cocker trio!! Looking forward to hearing all about their adventures, sounds like fun and games  :lol2: and I think you,re very brave!!  :005:

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 04:40:21 PM »
Solid black, you say? Good choice! Welcome to COL.
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 05:01:11 PM »
Welcome!  There are a few of us from Shropshire on here x

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 05:16:29 PM »
hello to you and the triple M's .
we are owned by red working girl Gemma and not far away in mid Wales  :blink:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 06:18:44 PM »
Well that sounds like a whole lot of fun!   :D. Looking forward to updates.

Offline poptart

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 07:25:46 PM »
Welcome, David. Sounds like you never have a dull moment.  ;)

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 09:17:25 PM »
Hello and welcome - also from Shropshire!

Offline David Morgan

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 10:19:58 AM »
The reason for getting a puppy was simply that the other two are getting older and neither of them has spent very much time alone. The thought that either one of them could be left without a doggy companion in the future was unbearable and so we found Mason. Mason is the friendliest little dog and he loved his big brother and sister from the start. Murph warmed to him after a couple of weeks and they played together continuously; at least until Murphy got ill a few weeks ago and lost his bark. Molly rules the roost and is put out by the amount of fuss Mason gets, even though we have always been very careful to treat her as top dog and give her as much attention as she's always had. She has started weeing indoors - marking her territory. We  recently started giving Molly a little more time alone with one of us humans - me or my wife.

I do wish it was a little easier and that they all just got along, but we don't regret the decision to get Mason, it was the right thing to do, and he is just beautiful and lovely; though very hairy.

Offline poptart

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 12:06:21 PM »
The reason for getting a puppy was simply that the other two are getting older and neither of them has spent very much time alone. The thought that either one of them could be left without a doggy companion in the future was unbearable and so we found Mason. Mason is the friendliest little dog and he loved his big brother and sister from the start. Murph warmed to him after a couple of weeks and they played together continuously; at least until Murphy got ill a few weeks ago and lost his bark. Molly rules the roost and is put out by the amount of fuss Mason gets, even though we have always been very careful to treat her as top dog and give her as much attention as she's always had. She has started weeing indoors - marking her territory. We  recently started giving Molly a little more time alone with one of us humans - me or my wife.

I do wish it was a little easier and that they all just got along, but we don't regret the decision to get Mason, it was the right thing to do, and he is just beautiful and lovely; though very hairy.

This is very interesting for me as I'm in a similar situation. We have a nine year old Cavalier, Theo, with congestive heart failure managed by medication. We took the decision to get another pup now before we lose him, to avoid the vacuum of having no dog. We'll be collecting little Tiree in a fortnight and it's very exciting but also new territory for us as we've only ever had one dog at a time.

Offline Loony Lola

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 01:45:20 PM »
Welcome David ... we are on the Hereford / Shropshire border on Bircher Common with Lola our 20 month old golden show cocker pocket rocket  ;)

Offline David Morgan

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2017, 01:49:20 PM »
Hello Lola,

we are a little further North - Pontesbury in the Shropshire Hills.

Offline David Morgan

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2017, 01:55:05 PM »

This is very interesting for me as I'm in a similar situation. We have a nine year old Cavalier, Theo, with congestive heart failure managed by medication. We took the decision to get another pup now before we lose him, to avoid the vacuum of having no dog. We'll be collecting little Tiree in a fortnight and it's very exciting but also new territory for us as we've only ever had one dog at a time.

You don't know how it will go until you try it. Our two aren't really ill, arthritis that is well managed, but we wanted them to have a few years of bonding before the inevitable happens. When it does, we will get another puppy so that young Mason doesn't find himself alone. Of course, the remaining oldster might really resent another new member of the family, but at least Mason can take up the heavy-lifting of playing.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 05:55:59 PM »
Hello Lola,

we are a little further North - Pontesbury in the Shropshire Hills.

I was up at Gatten on Monday!  Popped into Higets on the way back - what a shop!

Offline David Morgan

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2017, 03:21:59 PM »
Hignetts is a fabulous shop. If you haven't already, try their pies, they are stunning. Don't have the round pies, as they buy those in, but the others, including pork pies, are as good as you will get anywhere. Same with Scotch Eggs; as good as artisan versions at three times the price. Butter buns don't look, or sound, that impressive, but are the ultimate comfort food and everybody who tries one asks me to get more. Bread is excellent too, though nothing fancy - no sourdoughs. Coupled with a really good butcher and greengrocer Hignetts is the soul of the village.

Pontesbury is a wonderful village to live in - great views, walks from the door and all the basic amenities; even our own, tiny, department store. Our dogs love the place and everybody seems to love them.