Author Topic: Ozzy is suddenly weeing indoors.....  (Read 3314 times)

Offline sodpot2000

Re: Ozzy is suddenly weeing indoors.....
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 01:08:44 PM »
Fingers and paws crossed for some good news for the lad.

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2017, 03:17:25 PM »
We are no further forward than we were. The bloods came back on Thursday showing nothing significant, so vet Steve asked me to try to get another wee sample and drop it in the the surgery on Friday morning, which I managed to do - ex-chinese takeaway plastic container to catch it in, and a small jar that used to hold Bay Leaves!  :005: If it was still as diluted then the next step in scans and x-rays to check for a tumour anywhere.  Well, yes it is still very very diluted, so he has an appointment for Tuesday when the visiting expert comes.  No breakfast as he will need to be sedated (he wont think much of no breakfast!).  Next update when we have the results.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 06:53:56 PM »
Oh poor Ozzy, hope Tuesday's appointment goes well and it can be cleared up quickly.  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 05:28:55 PM »
Oh poor Ozzy, hope Tuesday's appointment goes well and it can be cleared up quickly.  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Thanks - I have to admit to being a little nervous, but I do try not to worry until there is something to worry about.  Hopefully we wont have to wait for results, but will get them when we collect him later on tomorrow.

Offline Darwin

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 08:16:18 AM »
Hope it all goes well today and you get some answers

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 03:31:43 PM »
Again still no further forward!  Nothing significant was found on the ultrasound scan, apart from a tiny polyp in Ozzy's bladder.  Nothing at all to worry about, and certainly not the cause of the dilute urine. X-ray of his chest was also clear.  Also found was some calcification on his kidneys, but again, due to his excess lipids, that was entirely expected and not significant apparently.  So, we are none the wiser.  Steve also emptied his anal glands while he was sedated and had a good feel to check for lumps, but found none.  He also took a sample of urine direct from his bladder and sent that off for culture, but it came back clear.  I then had to collect a small sample of urine every day for 3 days, which was then mixed together to check for an average steroid count, which we are waiting for the result of.  Not sure yet where we go from here,  but Ozzy doesn't seem to be drinking as much any more, or asking to go out as often either, so possibly it might just have been a transient thing which we might never know the cause of.  Vet Steve is on paternity leave at the moment, so Ozzy is being dealt with by one of the other vets who we don't know, so unless something significant turns up in the latest sample then I expect we'll just leave things as they are until Steve is back.

Offline poptart

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2017, 05:34:32 PM »
This could be completely off track, but I was watching It's Me Or The Dog yesterday and the troublesome dog was climbing all over the kitchen, peeing on everything. The trainer thought it was territory marking. Could Ozzy be feeling anxious about having another dog in the house and trying to assert his dominance?

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 05:35:15 PM »
Glad to hear whatever it was appears to be clearing up, hopefully it will just turn out to be a one-off. Fingers crossed for the remaining results and  :bigarmhug: to Ozzy!  :D

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 07:09:30 PM »
Bea has calcification in her kidneys, her urine is also diluted something which was caused by high ionised calcium levels in her blood.

I give Bea these herbal tablets to help her kidneys,

https://www.dorwest.com/product/mixed-vegetable-tablets-for-dogs-and-cats/

I hope your usual Vet returns soon and can sort this out for you both.

Sharon.

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2017, 01:27:38 PM »
This could be completely off track, but I was watching It's Me Or The Dog yesterday and the troublesome dog was climbing all over the kitchen, peeing on everything. The trainer thought it was territory marking. Could Ozzy be feeling anxious about having another dog in the house and trying to assert his dominance?

I did wonder myself at first if it might be a behavioural thing, maybe being a bit disgruntled.  But we've had Jess since last March and he's only started this in the last 6 weeks or so.  Also, if you've read all the way through the post you'll know that there is definitely something wrong with him, causing his kidneys to be unable to concentrate his urine, there it being far to diluted to be normal.

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2017, 01:32:47 PM »
Bea has calcification in her kidneys, her urine is also diluted something which was caused by high ionised calcium levels in her blood.

Sharon.

Thanks Sharon, I'll certainly keep these in mind.  But there was nothing unusual in his blood tests to suggest high ionised calcium in his blood, and, on reading the blurb about the tablets, they act as a diuretic which we don't need!!!

Offline its.sme

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2017, 05:41:18 PM »

Sharon.

Thanks Sharon, I'll certainly keep these in mind.  But there was nothing unusual in his blood tests to suggest high ionised calcium in his blood, and, on reading the blurb about the tablets, they act as a diuretic which we don't need!!!

Sorry I was thinking more about his urine being diluted and his kidney support, Hopefully your usual vet will get to the bottom of it.

Calcium will show up in the usual blood test but the Ionised Calcium is a extra test and not something that will be done normally unless there is a issue.

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2017, 03:48:15 PM »
The urine sample direct from his bladder came back clear.  Steve is really puzzled now, as something should have shown up somewhere by now.  He suggested a course of anti-biotics just in case there is a low grade infection, and then another mixed urine test from 3 days samples. I've collected the anti-biotics but have so far been unable to start him on them as he's had some sort of tummy bug - Jess had it a couple of weeks ago, but it cleared up within a couple of days, but Ozzy's has been slower to shift.  He seems to be over it now, so I'm going to give it another day to make sure it has cleared and then start the anti-bs.  Then when they are finished another 3 days of trying to collect samples.  It's good that nothing serious has been found, but on the other hand I just wish they'd find something that's causing it!

Offline its.sme

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2017, 06:16:51 PM »
It's good that the sample direct from his bladder was clear, but obviously annoying that at the moment there are no answers.

I hope Ozzy feels better soon.

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2017, 11:06:18 PM »
Just an obscure question ......we live an in area where kettles never fur up. My relations elsewhere need to decalcify there white furry ones every week.      So does water quality affect the kidneys and other organs where stones form?

Does he drink excessively, putting a strain on the bladder?  Have they discounted diabetes insipidus?
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.