Author Topic: 6Stolen cockers in North Devon area 15-17th Dec, 2 blacks/1 gold, 1 choc + 1 b&w  (Read 7010 times)

Offline cockersarespecialpeople

• Donator
Very sadly the following featured on our local news this evening:

http://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/dogs-being-stolen-devon-police-948656

All missing from north Devon and worse, one was found dead at the side of a road.  Terrible news.

Please be vigilant if you're offered any of these lovely dogs.

Let's hope they're all reunited with their frantic owners quickly.

Millie & Raffles running free over the Bridge.  Miss you always our special ones.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
My heart goes out to the poor owners, not knowing where they are and imagining how confused and frightened their beloved pets are,  must be agonizing. Do hope they can be found soon.

Offline Emma0Milo

Gosh I live in north Devon, how scary. Those poor owners and dogs. Hope they find them soon. Will be keeping an extra eye on Milo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bmthmark

This is happening far too much. I feel really sorry for the owners  :'(

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
Gosh I live in north Devon, how scary. Those poor owners and dogs. Hope they find them soon. Will be keeping an extra eye on Milo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worryingly close to home for me too. It’s time something was done regarding sentences for this crime. It’s not taken seriously enough. Hoping that outside kennelled dogs can somehow be made safer as they seem to be the main target.  :'( :'(

Offline ips

Mine stays inside, and reading about such things I am jolly glad she does.
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline poptart

I've heard of dogs being stolen from gardens when they are allowed out for a pee. It's a horrible thought.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
can not bear to think how the owners are feeling or the poor dogs for that matter.
I would be totally destroyed. Life would never be the same. 
To think when I was growing up people just opened the gates and the dogs wandered around all day and returned safe and sound.

Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
can not bear to think how the owners are feeling or the poor dogs for that matter.
I would be totally destroyed. Life would never be the same. 

Me too, would never have a good night's sleep again. Hope they catch the **********s and ************** them (insert your own venom here)  >:D >:D >:D

Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
I would have them hung and quartered, it is so shocking and heartbreaking for the families concerned, I really think the problem is the ease of getting dogs moved around to other countries now, I am aware that Holyhead Port is always alert after the incident last year with the 100 pups from Ireland.

My heart aches for the dogs and people who are missing them

Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

• Donator
I've heard of dogs being stolen from gardens when they are allowed out for a pee. It's a horrible thought.

Me too!  I live in South Devon and a golden was stolen from a nearby village a couple of years or so ago.  She was in her owners garden and someone just came along and stole her!  I'd heard that whoever had done this had been driving around looking for unsupervised dogs in gardens and if they found one, would leave a pile of stones outside the gate and then an accomplice in a white van would drive around afterwards looking for these "signs" and steal the dog. 
I cannot believe that this sort of thing can happen and the devastation the poor owners must feel afterwards.  Our dogs bring us so much joy that to have them snatched away like this is beyond imagination.
Millie & Raffles running free over the Bridge.  Miss you always our special ones.

Offline Ambler54

Two of the Cockers were found miles away, thanks to micro chips, the three working cockers that were stolen from kennels have had a £ 6000 reward put on them by the local hunting fraternity and it was suspected they were being sold on ebay as adverts bearing a close resemblance to the missing dogs were found.......I have been following the news on Devon Live  but there has been nothing for a while . So so sad.

• Donator
Oh crumbs - I'd not thought they might appear on eBay.   I didn't think you could advertise live animals on there.  That's terrible news.  The only glimmer of hope is that they would be recognised as so many people use the site but I'm shocked they were even on there in the first place. 

I must visit the Devon Live website.

I assume that the two lucky ones have been reunited with relieved owners who I'm sure will guard them with their lives from now on.

I agree it is terribly sad and we owners have to be so, so vigilant.