Author Topic: Another urine infection  (Read 892 times)

Offline annclare

Another urine infection
« on: December 23, 2017, 09:17:56 AM »
Had to take Nina to the vet yesterday with another urine infection. Piddling all over the place, just what you need at Christmas, especially when going to friends who don't have dogs! Now on medication so hopefully will sort over the next few days. Can any COL's suggest anything I could give her (cranberry supplement?) to help with this problem; she is over 10.5 and hasn't been troubled until this year. Thank you.

Offline BonnieScot

• Site Member
Re: Another urine infection
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 11:14:31 AM »
Aw, poor Nina. Rosie had problems for the last few years of her life, but I put it down to all the chemo she'd had. We did find little nappies for her to wear that could go in the washing machine and they were excellent. I can find you the name of the place that makes them to order if it helps. They're made with a little hole for the tail and Rosie seemed happy enough in them. She was a border terrier.

Not sure about what supplements would be best though, sorry. Rose was on a raw/natural diet.

Offline annclare

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 11:21:49 AM »
Thanks for the response. Yes I would be grateful for info on the nappies, be prepared may well need to be my motto!
Happy Christmas to you and to everyone on the forum.

Offline BonnieScot

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 06:05:05 PM »
Merry Christmas to you too!

Here's a link to the place that made Rosie's- looks like they have updated the design a little but it's the same principle. Who'd have thought! We bought little pads for inside too. There are lots of companies that do them but this will give you an idea. Rosie was just 'dribbly' but this kept her clean and fresh, otherwise she'd be dribbling as she slept and wake up damp poor thing.

https://www.nappypantsfordogs.com

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 08:59:13 AM »

Offline annclare

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 01:14:47 PM »
Thank you Patp; I will certainly try this.

Offline annclare

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 10:26:47 PM »
Nina is coming to the end of her medication and seems to be back to her happy self, fingers crossed, no-occurance. She is not the easiest to get to take tablets; I am on my own with her and my fingers are not the nimblest these days!  A couple of times she has removed the 'coating' (cheese, ham, peanut butter, etc), spat out the tablet and my other dog has caught it! What are your sure-fire tricks?
Oddly enough, my son came today and brought me some home-made pate which seemed to do the trick!

Offline poptart

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 01:51:35 PM »
I get Theo to take his water tablets by putting some butter on a bit of kibble then using it to stick to the tablet. 

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 04:59:41 PM »
I used pate for tablets when I had Max and Bertie, they loved it so much they never took time to check it, quite sure it didn't touch the sides!