Author Topic: Paws'n'music Show Coventry today  (Read 2636 times)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Paws'n'music Show Coventry today
« on: January 06, 2007, 08:11:40 PM »
Nice to see that there was a choccy roan working cocker spaniel (Huins Longmeg Heather with Mr Anderson) and american Cocker spaniel (Glarus Classical Design with Y Robson) taking part. And Mr Andersons Springer.

We only went to watch as Louie only just started classes with Megan.  Mary Ray signed Megs book and overall I have to say what a great show - everyone so friendly and supportive.  Didn't get to see everyone competing and had to leave before the american started but still enjoyed ourselves and looking forward to trying it out ourselved in April.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
Re: Paws'n'music Show Coventry today
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 10:01:14 AM »
ooh, will have to have a look out for the DVD to see the working cocker. I laughed when we competed first as the announcer introduced us and then said she was looking forward to our display as cocker spaniels weren't that easy to train - whhhaaatt, my friend does hwtm with a bullmastiff, cockers are a doddle :lol:
We are suposed to be doing a fun show on sunday but our routine needs some work this week so we shall see, our first KC hwtm will be in june/july so need to work hard and get everything polished for that :D
Good luck with your classes, I am jealous as we are self taught and its not easy

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 10:24:25 AM »
We are suposed to be doing a fun show on sunday but our routine needs some work this week so we shall see, our first KC hwtm will be in june/july so need to work hard and get everything polished for that :D
Good luck with your classes, I am jealous as we are self taught and its not easy

We are also going to be self taught for a while as our classes have moved venue and to a night we cannot attend on due to Scouts and Guides, so it'll be a case of going occassionally and running ideas past the club.

Where abouts are you and where are you competing in June - (Ryton - Coventry have their fun day on the 24th June).  Louie cannot compete in KC until he is 12 months  so we'll try a couple of fun days and see how we go, first one in Worcester in April.

May see you around somewhere  :D

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 11:45:52 AM »
I'm up in Scotland so we are very restricted as their isn't alot of hwtm just yet, this is the first scottish hwtm show being held :D

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 12:47:53 PM »
Maybe we will not see that much of you then, although Mary Moffat travels from Scotland and takes her dog on the train staying in hotels near the venue, there's dedication and she is no spring chicken!

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »
Would be interested in this - may do "our" Jasper good as he is very nervous.
We are in Leicestershire. Where or how do you know wherre these events are happening please?
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 05:58:50 PM »
You can contact the kennel club for a list of local clubs.  We were lucky in the training at our first dog training also runs a HTM club
and they were keen to get the children involved.  He asked us if we would like to go along. 

Also look at http://www.paws-n-music.co.uk/index.html

Offline charliesmum

• Site Member
  • pretty charlie pup
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 06:27:54 PM »
Hi, where is the paws and music show held as we live near coventry is it ever advertised? thanks

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 07:11:55 PM »
The dates for their own shows are on their website, also listed in the kennel club shows from their website.  Another one coming up on the 24th February.