Author Topic: Maisy has bitten Rob  (Read 4762 times)

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Re: Maisy has bitten Rob
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2007, 11:17:56 AM »

Pleased to hear it Nina.  :D It's probably best to just put the whole thing down to experience and learn from it. I made a similar mistake with Jimmy once - he stole a treat from Misty when she was a pup, without thinking I just ran up behind him and yanked it out of his mouth - I was horrified by his reaction, growling and snarling at me. He'd never behaved in such a manner before and I was really taken aback... but once I sat down and thought about it, I realised the mistake had been mine - I'd provoked him by totally over-reacting. He was really wary of me for a few days afterwards too.  ph34r We live and learn.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2007, 07:04:05 PM »
Hi Nina

Glad things are improving  ;)

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2007, 07:18:23 PM »
Glen was a bit wary of the hairdryer to start with and  what I did was I had him sat on my knee making a fuss of him while I used the dryer on my hair. That didn't seem to bother him and I kept stopping what I was doing and telling him how good he was being. After a while I turned it on him a little bit before switching it off. Although I don't think the hairdryer will ever be a pleasure for him he is not as bothered now and its much easier on both of us. I hope things get easier soon. The advice given on here is great and everyone means the best.  :D
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2007, 07:49:46 PM »
Hi Nina!
Im glad that you are feeling better and that things are better with your pup too!  ;)
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x

Offline Mark_H

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2007, 09:29:12 PM »
Well Nina, I think nearly everything has been said, but from a new member here I would just like to add my two penny's worth on the forum. 

The forum is excellent obviously, with fantastic advice and very friendly people.  However, the way some people put their point of view across is way out of order.  Yes, the individual has had the good grace to apologise.  Unfortunately, whilst the individual has a lot of sound advice and is obviously very interested in helping, this manner serves to alienate new members who feel victimised.  I am no shrinking violet but believe me, I would need to be desperate to ask for fairly trivial help on here, which is a great shame in my opinion. 

The purpose of this reply is not to cause trouble, or to upset existing valued members, but to give support to someone who was upset by the tone of reply.  Please don't lets continue using this post for negative purposes, but lets consider people before we get too hard on them.

I hope this doesn't alienate me from anyone on here, but I am of the opinion (rightly or wrongly!) that forums are there for help and constructive assistance.

Mark H (new companion of Cassie)

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2007, 11:50:02 PM »

Hi Mark

I think the problem was resolved to Beanie's satisfaction earlier in the thread. I'm sure we'd all agree that a healthy discussion can take place without the need for people to be outright rude or have to sugar-coat their replies for fear of offending. It's getting the balance right that isn't always easy but we all hopefully strive for.  :D