Author Topic: Taking Dylan to be groomed  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Surfing Spaniel

• Site Member
Taking Dylan to be groomed
« on: March 01, 2004, 12:49:07 PM »
Hiya
Well, Dylan is still looking a bit bushy even at 9 months. I've just spent about half an hour trying to hand strip his head, I'm sure if he'd let me do it I could get it much smoother looking as it seems to be coming out quite easily. Anyhow after struggling I thought I might take him somewhere to be groomed (I want him to look like a Cocker instead of a furball lol) I was just wondering how do you go on if you don't want your dog clipping? Surely a groomer won't handstrip the coat as it would take ages (& be very expensive I imagine  :( ) So what do they do? Its so frustrating as I've bought a coat king, thinning scissors & ordinary scissors, I'm just not doing very well   :(
Just thought, I was thinking of going to the breeder, but its a long way so not really practical.                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 01:12:55 PM »
You don't say where you are located...as a member on here might be able to recommend someone close by  :wink:
I took Butty to get groomed by the breeder when she was about 6 months as I was struggling like yourself  :?  It did help as I found it much easier to keep her neat and tidy after that....so don't give up entirely as you already have all the equipment you need  :)                    

Offline Surfing Spaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 01:17:18 PM »
Hiya
Thanx for the reply, I'm in Derbyshire.  :)