Author Topic: Dry at night?  (Read 695 times)

Offline LesleyP

• Site Member
Dry at night?
« on: April 23, 2004, 12:24:22 PM »
Bob (our new rescue of 3 weeks - 10mths old) came to us dry at night but I am getting up to more and more puddles over the last few days.  I walk late, let him in the garden before bed, he always goes, so I am at a loss as to why he suddenly cannot control his bladder.  I appreciate he is still settling in but I am unsure of why the sudden change.

Could it be the dry food?  I notice from other topics that many of you use JWB (?) and some order on line.  Where can I get these details of other food?  I also wonder if he can hear our cats (locked in the kitchen) which disturbs him and prompts the puddle.

He does not go on paper, so would appreciate any suggestions as my carpets are taking a bit of a battering.

Thanks.                    

Offline PennyB

Dry at night?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 12:44:01 PM »
This can be a settling period especially as he came to you at 10 months old and we never know what has happened to them before we get them no matter what the previous owners may say.

A friend of mine took on a 4 year old dog recently who was brillinant for a week or so and then some of his behavioural problems began to emerge.

You may never know why the sudden change, it may be worth going through the whole routine of house training again. Some people use crates for this at night.

Also, Ruby did this when she was younger. She was housetrained yet kept weeing on the floor when I went upstairs. After a few days I worked out that it was separation anxiety (I don't let the dogs upstairs) and so worked on that little problem (not making a fuss every time I went upstairs and came back down so eventually she worked out it was no big deal) and within a short period she never did it again.

I would also take him to your vet to make sure there is nothing physically wrong with him.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!