Author Topic: Looking to buy a copy of....  (Read 3008 times)

Offline barcadon

• Site Member
Looking to buy a copy of....
« on: May 05, 2004, 10:40:27 AM »
Hi there can anybody help me obtain a copy of  Cockers Dog Grooming book by Jackie Marrisbrae.  This book has been highly recommended to me and I can seem to find it any where

Contact me by email

barbara@grjelectronics.co.uk                    
Barbara Jenkins
Barcadon Cockers
Kirkcaldy
Fife
Scotland

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 11:02:10 AM »
Oh, I didn't realise she had a book out :shock:  I've got her video but an accompanying book would be handy :wink:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 11:08:02 AM »
I didn't know she had a book out either  :?:  I thought it was just the video....That's such a shame Barbara as I just sold my copy of this video on Ebay 2 weeks ago  :roll: Typical...I'm only down the road from you in Falkirk to  :roll:
I obviously sold mine because I'm such an expert now...NOT :!:  :!:  :lol:  :lol: The real reason I sold is it is because I'm going to a grooming seminar on Sunday and I just feel that the hands-on experience will help me in better, as I felt I'd learned all I could from Jackie  :wink:

EDITED TO ADD: I just found this link where you can buy the video HERE

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 11:14:16 AM »
In that case Barbara, I'll pay you to take my video away from me :wink:  :lol:  I have also gone as far as I can with that video(granted thats not very far :lol: ) and feel I will learn a lot more when Gilly starts up her own grooming class :wink:                    

Offline barcadon

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 01:00:05 PM »
you mention a seminar this weekend, where is it and do you need tickets??                    
Barbara Jenkins
Barcadon Cockers
Kirkcaldy
Fife
Scotland

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 01:18:18 PM »
If Barbara isnt interested in the video Gill, I am (since Michele and Jane wont make one for us  :roll: ) - name your price!  :lol:                    

Offline barcadon

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 01:24:47 PM »
I am interested in the video, how much for it???   :?:  :)                    
Barbara Jenkins
Barcadon Cockers
Kirkcaldy
Fife
Scotland

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2004, 01:29:15 PM »
Beat me to it - no worries, I'll have to be quicker next time  :lol:                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2004, 01:40:00 PM »
The Seminar is in Airdrie....It's held by The Cocker Club Of Scotland...I think you might have missed the joining deadline though as it was the 23rd April  :(

Mike...If I'd known you could have had mine  :roll: because mine was in better nicks than Gill's cos she watches hers alot more than I did :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2004, 04:45:30 PM »
Mike...If I'd known you could have had mine  because mine was in better nicks than Gill's cos she watches hers alot more than I did    

Yep! I've watched it at least once a night, every night for the past couple of months :oops:  :lol:  So, if its not going to help me now it never will :?  So Barbara, if you want it, its yours. I'm off work this week but go back on Tuesday - do you mind if I send it then? (Means I'll get another couple of viewings in, just in case :wink:  :lol: ) Just PM me your address. I don't want anything for it - you could just make a donation to COL if you wish :wink:                    

Offline Andrea L

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2004, 08:34:15 PM »
Only just read this topic.I'm also after a grooming video.Does anyone know where I can get one from (address or phone no.)?                    
lots of woofs n' licks,
Andrea, Silas and Marley

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2004, 09:37:54 PM »
There's a link in one of my posts earlier up this thread  :wink:                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2004, 10:48:27 PM »
So how was the grooming seminar  :?:   :D                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2004, 12:42:49 AM »
It was very good Michele  :wink:  not sure if my groomings quite up to scratch yet, it's the blending without leaving any marks that's the hard bit to master  :shock:  ask Gill...she'll tell you my blendings utter pants  :lol:  :lol: I must admit that the grooming I've seen at shows varies greatly  :shock:  I think I need a dog with more coat to practice on  :wink: so I'm off to practice on Roana as she's got quite alot of coat for an orange...I did a bit on her last week..but we can never seem to get it all finished, it took me ages to do her head and tame her ears  :shock:  I started on her feet, only managed one and Margaret had to go out  :roll:  so Roana is walking round with only one foot done  :lol:  :lol:  I must get her finished this week  :wink:                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2004, 12:46:01 AM »
More coat, you say!! I'll stick Morgan in the post - just send him back when your done  :lol:   :lol:                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys