Author Topic: sucking and biting blanket  (Read 1114 times)

Offline marie_231

• Site Member
sucking and biting blanket
« on: July 02, 2004, 07:41:29 AM »
Benson is 16 weeks old tomorrow, and for the last week he keeps gathering up his blanket and twisting it round between his legs , to be honest i thought he was going to start the humping stage , but no, hes quite content to lay there sucking and chomping , it almost sounds like hes grinding his teeth , is this common?                    

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 08:34:27 AM »
Lottie will often chew and suck on her blanket or cuddly to go to sleep.

I think it is a bit like a baby using a dummy for comfort :D .....plus at your pups age the baby teeth are probably due to come out soon and Bensons gums might be a bit sore.

I wouldnt think it's anything to worry about, they usually grow out of it.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone here will give you the correct answer :D                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 05:36:03 PM »
I must admit, teething was the first thing that came to my mind. If you're lucky you might start finding little teeth dotted about  :D
Also if Benson's gums become a bit sore or inflamed you can rub a little Bonjela on to help soothe them  :wink:                    

Offline lorri

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 11:30:48 PM »
Also if Benson's gums become a bit sore or inflamed you can rub a little Bonjela on to help soothe them  :(  

Why didnt i get that tip when Jarvis was teething.

Javis was the same always chewing his teddy to help his sore mouth he always looked so cute cuddled up to his pink :oops: seal

lorraine and Jarvis

Offline Rusty

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 07:58:27 PM »
Hi marie_231

Rusty is always chewing and sooking his blanket I definately think he is teething   :)  and has also chewed many holes in it too and we have only had him 3 weeks he is now 11 weeks, I'm sure thats what is wrong with Benson :( I to was told to rub some sort of teething gel on his gums also you could stuff a Kong with treats if you have one that will keep him happy for a while as Rusty loves his kong :lol:

hope this helps

Elle & Rusty :D                    

Offline Juel

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 04:16:36 PM »
Harvey is 14months old & still suckles on a cushion if he can get hold of one,he'll lie there for ages & eventually go to sleep still suckling :roll: .....will he ever grow up? hope not!! :wink:  :D !!!
luv
juels&Harveymonster xx                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2004, 05:21:01 PM »
Lottie will soon be 2 and as I type she is in her bed asleep with her blanket in her mouth :roll:   She has always sucked and chomped on it.  Like others say, it's just like a comforter for a baby.  I suppose Lottie is the equivalent of a teenager now so bet she wouldn't do this if her doggie friends were around now :lol:  :lol:                    
Mary & Lottie x