Author Topic: two puppies together or just one  (Read 6389 times)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
two puppies together or just one
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2004, 04:30:40 PM »
Bunny, pm'd me regarding this a few weeks ago, I told her more or less what everyone else has said, that its not an ideal situation and should be avoided really!

The one thing I want to say, is that, there must be some kind of doubt in your mind Bunny, to firstly pm me and then to start a thread on the topic :?   If you really thought in your hearts of hearts that this is going to be fine, then you wouldn't be seeking others opinions in the first place :wink:  Then continue to seek opinions in the hope that someone will give you the answer you want to hear!  Its not a criticism Bunny :)  I think we are all guilty of asking a question and then closing our ears, until someone agrees with us :wink:  

I hope you will look at the whole picture and really consider the implications of this, the hard work involved, the possible problems you and your family may encounter, the financial side of it and also more importantly, the personality of all the dogs involved specifically Elmo!  While Elmo may be a treasure, it doesn't mean to say these two pups will be :wink:

Please don't take this post or any of the other posts as a personal attack on you, as they are most certainly not that :)   I think all of us on this site, have the dogs and your families best interests at heart, as we all adore this breed, as you do too :D  

I do hope that whatever you decide, turns out well, for all concerned.  But please take the time to reconsider your options :wink:   If your breeder is responsible I am sure he/she will have no problem homing the other puppy :wink:   Don't feel obliged to carry out the agreement you made with her, I am sure if he/she is worth their salt, they will fully understand and respect you, if you change your mind :)

Take care                    

Offline bunny

• Site Member
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2004, 05:07:09 PM »
thanks for messages received, i have taken on board all cocker related opinions, and will keep you all posted, i would like to add that i met a gentleman with his cockers at the weekend(adult), awful background, came from a farm, and had been abused, but thanks to his hardwork and dedication they are lovely dogs, and he has had no major problems, i am not getting at anyone, but i think it has to be said that it has been done, its not all bad news, i feel more optimistic now, and especially thank you to those who gave their opinions in a trully cocker mind, whether they negative or not.  :wink:                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2004, 05:21:03 PM »
I'm locking this thread as I think everyone has had their say now & we will just be going round in circles if more posts are added.

Jane                    
Jane