Author Topic: Are they allowed in the small room?  (Read 4207 times)

Offline seaangler

Re: Are they allowed in the small room?
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2009, 10:13:26 AM »
I find it more relaxing to just let them ((((come in and join me))) than try to sit there and ignore them while they dig a tunnel under the door or ram their nose up to the bottom and snort under it  ::)

What IN the BATH.... :005:

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2009, 10:29:02 AM »
I find it more relaxing to just let them ((((come in and join me))) than try to sit there and ignore them while they dig a tunnel under the door or ram their nose up to the bottom and snort under it  ::)

Well that would be one way of saving water but.....no I draw the line at that  :005:
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 10:43:39 AM »
Tried a closed door policy in our ouse but Fred can open the bathroom door now so that plan failed >:( :005: not that I mind TBH as I love my Cocker cuddles and kisses!!
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2009, 11:08:32 AM »
We've got a closed door policy with the dogs in the bathroom (dogs outside I hasten to add :005:). In my old house I had a rather narrow bathroom and 3 cockers and it just wasn't a good fit when they all tried to climb on me every time I went to the loo. Tilly could open the door though and they would come barging in sometimes if I was having a shower or bath and it's a bit distracting when you have 3 of them hanging over the edge trying to drink the water, eat the bubbles and lick any bit of exposed skin they can reach :005:  Where we live now the doors to both the bathrooms stay permanently shut as otherwise the cat likes to sit in the sink and I'm not overly keen on her doing that. The dogs aren't bothered when OH goes in there but when I do Rodaidh lies outside looking worried in case I do a bunk out the window and Tilly slumps against the door heaving big sighs and I also get that noses shoved under the door snorting thing that Theresa described :lol2:  Neither of them will come anywhere near the second bathroom unless they're dragged though as it's got a big free standing bath in it and that's where the stuff of doggy nightmares happens :lol2:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2009, 11:18:32 AM »
We've got a closed door policy with the dogs in the bathroom.

That's a bit mean aint it....locking your poor doggies in the bathroom....where did I put that number for the SSPCA again.....don't worry Rodaidh and Tilly...I'll save ya  ;)
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2009, 11:21:44 AM »

That's a bit mean aint it....locking your poor doggies in the bathroom....where did I put that number for the SSPCA again.....don't worry Rodaidh and Tilly...I'll save ya  ;)

Oh for heaven's sake, I open the door twice a day to chuck in some stale crusts and they can have all the water they want once they figure out how to work the taps ::)

:lol2: :lol2:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2009, 12:02:36 PM »

Oh for heaven's sake, I open the door twice a day to chuck in some stale crusts and they can have all the water they want once they figure out how to work the taps ::)

:lol2: :lol2:

Blimey Nic, you're spoiling 'em !!  :o :lol2:
Julie and Watson

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2009, 04:17:21 PM »
Neither of my dogs are even allowed upstairs never mind the bathroom  ph34r
A few weeks ago i took Jack into work for a night shift and all night he refused to go to the toilet in the garden.  Jack is very particular where he will go to the loo, he wont even go to the toilet in my back yard (he saves it for walks) and has better bladder control than i do  :005:
There is one tenent at work that I wont trust alone with Jack so I was nearing the end of the shift and took Jack to the toilet with me. As soon as i sat down to have a wee Jack promptly squatted and peed on the bathroom floor!
It really surprised me but i guess he thought if it was good enough for me it was good enough for him  :rofl1:
He had a huge look of relief on his face as he had been holding it for nearly 13hrs!  :005:

Offline Mrs JT

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2009, 04:21:45 PM »
Alfie insists  :005: Then he plays tug of war with your knickers  ph34r Quite often he drags me into the hallway by them  ph34r  :lol2: Glad I have got blinds on my windows  :005:

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:              Just seen this.....you've made my day!

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2009, 04:41:57 PM »
great replies...but making me feel like a mean mummy  ::) :005:
I think you're all soft in the head  :005:
Surely there must be more like minded people whose bathroom is a cocker free zone  :huh:

Your not as mean as me, Sue - my two aren't allowed upstairs, let alone in the bathroom  ;)

Same here - in fact Saffi struggles with stairs if we go anywhere lol

mine also are not allowed upstairs, and def not in the 'little' room

Offline cbaker023

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2009, 04:57:40 PM »
Sometimes he comes in other times he just sits outside the door waiting for me, though he goes very quiet which usually means hes found something to eat/chew that hes not supposed to so generally i leave the door open and he wanders in and lies on the floor.

i spoil him though so its not really suprising. he likes eating the bubbles from my bath aswel
x

Offline LisaB

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2009, 05:23:48 PM »

Well that would be one way of saving water but.....no I draw the line at that  :005:

Well, Angel is very frightened of water and the only way I can bathe her all over is to jump in there with her until she's over the fear, so dare I admit it, but  :embarassed:...... of course I shower again afterwards ::)  She's just more relaxed in there if mummy shows her it's ok

Offline JackieD

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2009, 05:43:03 PM »
Not only me crackers then  :005: :005:  I only have a shower, no bath so when Maddy has a shower I have to put my swimsuit on and get in with her, fortunately it is a "wet room" not just a shower cubicle so I can at least get her table in as well for her to stand on. She hates being showered.
It is a sliding door on the bathroom but she has mastered the art of opening it with her nose, if I am having a shower she hears the water and just waits nicely outside, however if I am on the loo she noses the door open so she can see me  :005: :005: :005:

Offline mcphee

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2009, 06:04:21 PM »
It can be tricky first thing in the morning when 2 cats and one cocker (on very best behaviour) follow you into the bathroom. With only two hands, stroking three animals to prevent jealousy is a problem. Have to close the door now because the kitten shreds loo paper, and if allowed in, Rufus dries my legs.

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2009, 06:15:23 PM »
Yep mine are allowed in the bathroom too  ph34r  They usually want tickles when you're on the toilet or when you are in the bath they come in and see what underwear or socks they can nick, jump up the side of the bath, show you their goodies then clear off. 

I took them to the town park a month back and I was on my own, but needed the loo, so me and the two cockers on their leads fitted into the cubicle, so then a few weeks later I was in the same park with my OH and the dogs running free and I said I'm going off to the loo............. Mollie & Daisy both followed me in to the toilet block, but then ran back to their dad when nothing exciting was happening :005:
Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)