Author Topic: which puppy chews are best?  (Read 477 times)

Offline Little-Miss-Molly

• Inactive
which puppy chews are best?
« on: February 13, 2010, 03:06:13 PM »
I have brought endless toys to try and keep poppy entertained, or should I say to give Molly a rest from Poppy  :005: We were told by her breeder that she had been used to pigs ears. As soon as we got her home she had a bad stomach, a trip to the vets and antibiotics sorted that out but unfortunately we didn't link it to pigs ears because we hadn't given her any. We gave her a pigs ear and the bad stomach started again except this time we realized it must be the pigs ear so we threw the rest in the bin, another trip to the vets and more antibiotics and problem sorted again. Except now we are worried what to give her I have seen Antos Cerea Chews - Toothbrush Vegetarian Dog Treats and wondered if anyone had tried them? Also I have seen Nylabone Puppy Edibles for puppies 3 months old, as anyone tried these?  

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
Re: which puppy chews are best?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 04:57:37 PM »
Pigs ears made Bonnie Boo hyper when she was a puppy and only tried them once. I think the nylabones are very good and will help with teething.
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline Karma

• Site Member
Re: which puppy chews are best?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 05:03:58 PM »

Nylabones are generally good - Honey wasn't interested, but most dogs seem to like them.

We got dried chicken fillets for Honey, she loved them and they lasted ages when she was a pup.  As her teeth/jaws got stronger we upgraded to Tripe sticks or Paddywack.  All nice natural stuff, but not as fatty as Pigs Ears...  :D
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020