Author Topic: All hail The Mighty Treat Ball!!  (Read 2341 times)

Offline Scarlett

• Julie & Scarlett from Greece
Re: All hail The Mighty Treat Ball!!
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2010, 09:02:07 AM »
Thanks for the detailed instructions coralee...Trixie is very famous in Greece & I bought this "Rugby snackball natural rubber" for Scarlett with many other toys yesterday... I will also buy her a large & a puppy kong & use it like you do...of course I will also check Scarlett's preferances!  ;)

http://www.trixie.de/trE/thtml/index.html

"Of all the dogs that are so sweet
The Spaniel is the most complete.
Of all the Spaniels, dearest far
The little loving Cockers are."
Ernest Howard Shepard, Mc Obe 1879 - 1976

Offline Chedi

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2010, 02:05:45 PM »
Dylan's got a blue rubber treat ball. Its very simple, and pretty certain it was from Petsathome too. He does love it and goes mad pushing it all around the room, sometimes even not noticing a treat has fallen out ..but annoyingly i'm allergic to rubber, so it only gets filled up when my OH is home to do it..

Offline Little-Miss-Molly

• Inactive
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2010, 02:49:53 PM »
Doe's anyone know where to get the kong wobbler from? I have searched internet but can't find it in uk?

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2010, 03:43:39 PM »
Haven't read through all the replies but wanted to add that you can get larger treat balls than the original one coralee posted about. I have a much larger one that I bought at a tack shop many years ago, there is no way Millie would be able to pick it up and get it stuck in her gob  ;). We also have a tug a jug that keeps her busy much longer, but I think less determined dogs would give up with it. And peanut butter is great in a kong as they take ages to lick it all out and can't rush too much as it's so sticky  ;).

Millie

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2010, 09:46:32 PM »
Haven't read through all the replies but wanted to add that you can get larger treat balls than the original one coralee posted about. I have a much larger one that I bought at a tack shop many years ago, there is no way Millie would be able to pick it up and get it stuck in her gob  ;). We also have a tug a jug that keeps her busy much longer, but I think less determined dogs would give up with it. And peanut butter is great in a kong as they take ages to lick it all out and can't rush too much as it's so sticky  ;).

I bought a tug a jug but it's lurking at the bottom of the toy box now. William wouldn't even try to get treats out of it and Louis, who is a very determined boy usually, gave up after a couple of minutes. I stick to frozen Kongs now, usually kibble in the bottom topped up with pieces of banana and some peanut butter.

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2010, 07:31:30 AM »

I bought a tug a jug but it's lurking at the bottom of the toy box now. William wouldn't even try to get treats out of it and Louis, who is a very determined boy usually, gave up after a couple of minutes. I stick to frozen Kongs now, usually kibble in the bottom topped up with pieces of banana and some peanut butter.

Mum got one for Charlie and he only plays with occasionally, I think Millie likes it as she loves to use her paws and that seems more effective to get the treats out.

Millie