Author Topic: Hello from Nottingham!  (Read 844 times)

Offline Minijen

Hello from Nottingham!
« on: April 26, 2011, 10:13:23 AM »
Hiya :).
I'm Becca, 20 from Nottingham.
My other half and i currently have 2 English Springer Spaniels, Mini & Max, and in 5 weeks a working Cocker Spaniel :D

We are going to be working her, and training her ourselves. I used to work at some working and boarding kennels and got a lot of experience in bringing up litters and training puppies and older dogs to retrieve, heel, etc.
Whilst at the kennels there were a couple of working Cockers and i immediately fell in love with them and spent a lot of time them them.

I thought i'd join this forum, to get some advice if i need any, see other Cockers and share experiences and photos :)

Roll on 5 weeks when we get our little terror :D :P haha..

Becca & Raynor.
Becca, Ray, Mini, Max & Mae..

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
Re: Hello from Nottingham!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 10:47:57 AM »
Hi there and welcome!  Bet you can't wait for the weeks to fly by!  I adore springers, my mam had one and I'd have one in a shot too but hubby won't let me have 2 dogs :'(  I have a 16 month old golden show boy called Odie and we live in Barnsley, South Yorkshire.  Do you have any names for your new pupster yet?  Would like to see some piccies of your springers please? 

Enjoy the forum, Lesley & Odie x
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Minijen

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:02:28 PM »
Ahh thats a shame! To start off with i only had one, and now im soon to have 3! haha! Its nice to have the one dog, but having a pack is amazing! I love it!!

Your right, i cannot wait 5 weeks!! We went to see her at 2 weeks old, (shes 3 weeks now). Mae. We've settled on Mae. We didn't want another 'M' really, but Mae just stuck! We've already got 2 ESS Mini & Max and 3 ferrets called Minka, Mia & Monty! hahaha!!

Aww.. had many problems with Odie? Training and that?

I'll try and get some pictures on here of them! Eventually! haha

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 01:14:16 PM »
Mae is a lovely little name :luv:  'May' (joke :005:) as well stuck with the M's :005:

Odie is rubbish with training (mainly down to me being crap ph34r).  I've just acquired 101 Dog Tricks book so I'm starting back at the beginning before I tackle some basic tricks.  His recall isn't very good when there is another dog around as he wants to play (him being the only dog in the house :shades:), he rarely has any doggy time as we don't come across many :'(

Will keep an eye out for your springer pics in the coming days.... :shades: :005:  Lesley
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 03:02:32 PM »
Hi Becca, Bet you can't wait for miss mae to arrive (in May !)
You will have to say all their names before you get to the right one.
Pictures of your pup when you're ready please...
Stephnellie
xxx

Offline Minijen

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 08:28:27 PM »
Haha! I cannot wait - your right!! The name fitted lovely! They are a bit of a mouth full! My other half cant say them all at once in a row, i just about can! haha...

Geordietyke - I hope the 101 tricks work alright!! haha... I want to teach Mae to rollover! Simply because ive never taught a dog that before!! haha! And crack on with the gundog/working training, which should be fun! haha...

Offline maddy74

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 05:21:45 PM »
Hiya Becca, welcome to the site. Im Maddy from Coventry and we have a nineteen week old working strain puppy and we love her to bits. I have taught her to roll over and its our party piece...lol  :005: Nothing worse that those weeks of waiting for the new pupster to come home. Hope the next few weeks fly by for ya.  ;)

Offline Minijen

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 09:22:05 AM »
:) Its taking forever!! 3 weeks tomorrow!
I want to teach her to roll over! Well.. Stop, drop & roll! haha :D
Are you going to work yours?

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 09:28:30 AM »
welcome to COL  ;)

Can't wait to see pics of your pup - although it will make me very puppy broody I'm sure  :lol2:
helen & jarvis x