Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 537 times)

Offline joanesmith

Hello!
« on: October 20, 2012, 03:51:39 PM »
Hello...please let me introduce myself...and my new blue boy Bo'sun!  I have been without a Cocker for far too long, after my old girls crossed over Rainbow Bridge five long years ago.  The huge gap they left has now been filled by Bo...we're going to have such fun!

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 04:10:04 PM »
Welcome Jo and Bo!
Try not to get too addicted to the site - it can be very time-consuming!
The rule is that you must add pictures of your lovely new ball of fluff so we can all get puppy broody (mine's 5.5 months and barely a puppy now - make sure you enjoy his smallness!).

Offline Mrs Pepper

• Pepper
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 06:47:19 PM »
Hello and welcome.

How lovely to have a cocker back in your life, I'm sure he will bring you lots of smiles and happy memories.

I have a 3 1/2 year old black and tan boy called Pepper.  :D

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 09:15:19 PM »
Hello and welcome to COL :D

I have 2 show type Cockers, 8 year old orange roan William and 3 year old blue roan and tan Louis.

It's lovely that you have a Cocker companion back in your life again and I love the name Bo'sun :luv:. Is he a show type or worker?

Offline joanesmith

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 10:32:45 PM »
Thank you for the lovely 'welcomes'.

Bo is a show-type...although whether I would ever be brave enough to take him to a show, only time will tell!  I have 'had a go' at small, local shows, many moons ago...but found it all a bit bewildering!  I really enjoy all the grooming and preparation...well, I did!

I have two other dogs, Jack, a black Lab and Grace, a Golden Retriever...I think they have almost forgiven me for getting Bo'sun!  Bo is a very bold, out-going puppy...and runs rings round the other two!  They just look on a amazement as Bo does his 'whirling Dervish' act round the garden! 

I will post some pics of my adorable young man as soon as I get to grips with Photobucket.  I am on a Highland Pony Forum as well as this one...so have used PB before...and had a bit of bother with it.  I will persevere!!

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 10:41:19 AM »

I will post some pics of my adorable young man as soon as I get to grips with Photobucket.  I am on a Highland Pony Forum as well as this one...so have used PB before...and had a bit of bother with it.  I will persevere!!

I love Highland ponies, one of my favourite native breeds. I used to ride an elderly and very sweet silver dun called Tweed many years ago. Do you have a Highland?

Offline joanesmith

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 01:46:55 PM »
Hi Elaine...yes I am lucky enough to have a Highland pony!  She's called Honey (Lambrigg Honey Meg).  She is yellow dun and 16 years old...I bought her as a foal, and have loved every minute of being with her.  Highland ponies and cocker spaniels are my passions! 

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 03:59:00 PM »
I think we need to see photos of Honey :luv: please as well as Bo, Jack and Grace :D

I'm a horse owner too, although I haven't ridden for about 17 years. My last riding horse was a grey New Forest mare called Jasmine. OH and I are currently part of a racehorse owning partnership and own 5 year old Maydream (Lolly), winner of 5 races, and Lolly's 2 year old half brother Dreaming Again (Beau) who's just in the process of being broken in.

Offline karendorman13

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 04:21:42 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL, i to have a dog called Bo but she is a 8 year old staffie whippet x but i am also Mama to Kol a black show type who is 4 months old ans keeps me on my toes. Bo will sympathies with your two older dogs because she loves her sleep and since Kol has come along she tries her hardest to stay out of his way. But still loves to play with him when she has had her full 23 hours sleep and not before  :005:

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 04:43:53 PM »
Hi both and welcome to COL.  Can't be without a cocker in our lives, can we.  :005:  Looking forward to piccies of your fur baby.  :luv:

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Pauline T

• Charlie Boy
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 09:59:44 AM »
Hello welcome to COL :D Have fun with Bo'sun and enjoy the forum.
Pauline & Charlie xx
A dog can say more with a quick wag of his tail than many people who talk for hours. - Louis Armstrong