Author Topic: Adding raw veg  (Read 564 times)

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
Adding raw veg
« on: October 24, 2012, 07:28:22 PM »
Hiya.
I know you guys can put me straight on this!
adding raw veg to raw food, If I add the veg raw in chunks, that will just fill Ella up and not necessarily give any nutritional benefit.
but, if I blitz the raw veg, this releases the nutrients, so has more benefit. but doesn't fill her up so much.
so, is this correct?, and should I then be adding chunks and blitzed veg for more benefit?
thanks

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
Re: Adding raw veg
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 05:08:13 PM »
Its better to give blended as dogs cannot digest cellulose like humans can so it tends to go straight through and out the other end without being digested if its not in tiny pieces. My old dog used to eat the ducks sweetcorn and it just used to go straight through pretty much unchanged, so much so Donald used to eat the sweetcorn as soon as it re immerged. :020:
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 05:10:38 PM »
I would blitz the veg as its the fibre content of the veg that fills them up not the size of the pieces they eat...that way they will also benefit from the nutrients as well as making help them feel full

Offline Ali101

• Isla
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 05:29:42 PM »
My little Isla absolutley loves carrot, and now I realise why it was going straight thru her...thanks for asking this question  :D
Ali,Pen and Isla xxx
Ali, Penny and Isla x