Author Topic: Whiskers  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Ange

• Site Member
Whiskers
« on: December 02, 2003, 06:30:40 PM »
Just started to trim Poppy with coat king and thinning scissors (thanks Jane), the difference is amazing, she is beginning to look all grown up.But I am having trouble trimming her whiskers, I am using a small pair of round ended scissors, but she really doesnt like it, any tips?

Thanks
Ange                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Whiskers
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 08:22:43 PM »
Hi Ange

I trim the whiskers on my boys with my thinning scissors  :wink:                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Whiskers
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 09:55:12 PM »
I use the same scissors that i use for trimming her feet etc. It took a while for her to get used to it. he didn't like the noise or the scissors near her face, but after perservering she doesn't mind at all now ....so I would say just do a bit at a time  :D                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Whiskers
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 10:42:11 PM »
I just use straight scissors - they don't have round ends (didn't know there was such a thing until a couple of months ago).  Morgan didn't like them near his face at first but now he's used to it I just hold his face steady and tell him what a good boy he is and it's no bother.  Plus he knows now that there's a treat if he lets me do it - I thought I'd trained him but I'm beginning to see it's the other way round  :twisted:  - a few gravy bones is a good trade for standing doing nothing  :lol:                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Ange

• Site Member
Whiskers
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2003, 05:12:10 PM »
Thank you for your replies, I will carry ondoing a little at a time and hopefully she will get used to it.

Thanks
Ange