Author Topic: Why cant they listen  (Read 583 times)

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
Why cant they listen
« on: December 16, 2008, 06:14:37 PM »
Why is it so hard for a groomer to listen to exactly what you want?  >:D

Went to a highly recommended groomer today,they have been on tv have a good website and won awards.
I wrote down  exactly what i did and did not want as well as discussing it with her.I said i like the shaggy scraggly look but everything had just got too long.I did say i did not want her eyelashes,eyebrows,whiskers touched,and just to trim her top knot.

Went to pick her up and you've guessed it,she is now a smooth headed little girl  >:D and the groomer said she trimmed her lashes brows and whiskers "to balance her out"  >:D  >:D
seeing as i said i like the scraggly look she now has smooth pom pom ears  >:D

It seems to me the groomer has thought cocker,this is the cut she should have  >:D

Her nails havn't been cut and only one dew claw done,i also told her to leave the anal gland emptying.
I was quoted £35-£45,and with the above not done it cost me £46  >:D  :huh:  :huh:
There is a lot more to this story,but think ive gone on enough,just had to vent as this is the second time  >:D
It was a good job i went to get her and not oh,he went mad when he saw her and said he would not have paid the full amount .
okay,enough moaning i will have to take the plunge and try myself.  ::)
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline cfordham2710

• Donator
Re: Why cant they listen
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 06:49:56 PM »

Personally, I wouldn't have paid either.  You have very clearly stated what you want, and as she is your dog, the groomer should do that.  Honestly, some groomers are a law unto themselves, that's why we now cut Skye ourselves

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
Re: Why cant they listen
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 07:16:52 PM »
Nothing worse - I can sympathise,had exactly the same thing.  I do Maddi myself now
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x