Author Topic: What to do for the best  (Read 4807 times)

Offline Lobo do Mar

• Donator
Re: What to do for the best
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2020, 02:24:22 PM »
Hi Leigh (cool name ;) )
all I can say is see my post 'Salty AKA the Piranha-Cockerdile hybrid '
As you can see, I am no expert and am learning the hard way but we thought very, very hard about whether to rehouse Salty various times, but now there is no way he is going anywhere despite some pretty horrendous behaviour :)
I definitely wouldn't say I wouldn't change anything about him, but I definitely wouldn't exchange him
At least he isn't boring  :lol:

Offline Leigh123

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2020, 05:53:37 PM »
Hi - so this is me coming up to almost a year after that first post and although he still can be a little b***** I can tell you that Ollie is still safely with me and is soooooo much better! Looking back at my first post, I do recognise that I myself was in a bit of a state mentally and that certainly didn’t help. Ollie is now one year old and his recall is pretty good when out and he pulls so much less on the lead now. He goes to daycare twice a week and is then walked/let out by friends/family on 2 days and I work from home one day a week so his care is sorted. He’s an affectionate and playful boy who lives the company of other dogs and I wouldn’t be without him now ❤️

Thanks to all the other contributors who gave advice - it meant a lot and I am really grateful for your wisdom and knowledge.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2020, 06:49:07 PM »
Thank you so much for coming back and posting an update.  Pups are hard work and cockers can be little  >:D but you made it!  And everything seems better organised and steady, a routine makes a hug difference.  Hindsight gives you 20:20 vision. 

Offline Barry H

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2020, 09:28:15 AM »
I’ve had both breeds. Totally different.     Tell a springer, ask a cocker !
More like, tell a springer, ask a working cocker, but with a show type you have to submit an application form that will be considered in due course and acted upon when deemed appropriate...

"Everything is hard before it is easy" - Goethe

I wish you and pup all the best...

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2020, 09:37:12 AM »
I’ve had both breeds. Totally different.     Tell a springer, ask a cocker !
More like, tell a springer, ask a working cocker, but with a show type you have to submit an application form that will be considered in due course and acted upon when deemed appropriate...

I wish you and pup all the best...

:rofl1: brilliant Barry!  :lol2: :lol2:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2020, 01:32:24 PM »
Barry, that's a classic summary and I am stealing it!  :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: