Cocker Specific Discussion > Puppies

Help!

(1/2) > >>

Rosalie:
Please help! I have a 16 week old working cocker. Although I’ve always had dogs this is my first Cocker and he’s proving to be a real challenge! On the positive side he is really good with the toilet training, sleeps all night in his crate and is good on walks both on and off the lead BUT he can turn especially in the evening, into a whirling dervish, tearing around trying to bite me, chew any of the furniture that he can get his teeth into and behaving like 👹 I have tried to distract him with his many toys but nothing pacifies him until he collapses asleep. It is such a shame as he can be so sweet but is really scary when he goes into one of these moods. What can I do???

Emilyoliver:
Hi, crate him. When he gets like that it’s most likely he’s over-tired. Just put him in his crate, he’ll soon settle and get the sleep he needs.

ejp:

--- Quote from: Emilyoliver on October 21, 2020, 08:48:39 PM ---Hi, crate him. When he gets like that it’s most likely he’s over-tired. Just put him in his crate, he’ll soon settle and get the sleep he needs.

--- End quote ---
Definitely time out and a nap, over excited, like a toddler on a sugar high.

MIN:
Just a normal cockerdile juvenile.  Give him more time outs. These little monsters become even bigger monsters when tried. Just smile, the "terrible twos" stage will soon be upon you   :luv:

bizzylizzy:
Hi and welcome to you and your pup, glad you found us!
Nothing much to add to previous comments, puppies need a LOT of sleep at that age and can get wound up and over excited pretty quickly. Keep play sessions short and stay consistent, decide when its „game over“ and calmly give her time out. The so called „Zoomies“ are well known amongst us cocker lot,  :005:, (although all over tired pups of any breed can react similarly) but they can get a bit out of hand if you allow yourself to get wound up as well. Stay quiet,  calm and firm and stick with us here on COL - you won‘t find any better moral support than here!  :shades:
Best of luck!  :luv:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version