Cocker Specific Discussion > Puppies

Following me from room to room

(1/5) > >>

shonajoy:
Is this a cocker thing? Indie is so funny, he'll fall asleep in a patch of sunlight on the kitchen floor, while I'm cooking/cleaning, but if I leave the room, even if he's fast asleep, he trots after me!

I don't mind it at all, I just feel sorry for him waking up every time - does anyone else's do this?

Shona                    

Silver Surfer (indiesnan):
Awww how sweet Shona, its because he loves you!!  I hope the little man is feeling better.  :D                    

shonajoy:
He's MUCH better this morning in particular. His eye swelling has gone down, and it's looking really really good. He hates his collar, but only 4 days to go, yay! The worst thing is he's whiffy - he really gets sweaty round the neck area, and he wants a good scratch, I have to do it for him!

I can't wait till Friday to get him in a nice cosy bath and all clean and scrubbed up.

I'm pleased with his eye, for a few days there it looked so red and angry looking, I was worried about infection, but we have been putting his antibiotic eye drops in regularly, so fingers crossed. He's so good, he just stands while you put them in, then he gest a treat.

Thanks

Shona x                    

PennyB:
This can be symptomatic of separation anxiety in some dogs. But then Wilf follows me around the house and I can leave him home alone without any problems (especially on the days Ruby goes training so Wilf is left home with a kong for company!).                    

Dunton4:
Hi Shona,

Tilly does this too, despite me telling her to stay where she is as I'll only be a minute (don't think she understands me!) She is also fond of patches of sunlight.

Interesting to note Penny's comment about separation anxiety as I am confident that, like Wilf,  Tilly does not display this at all when we go out, in fact she sometimes seems eager to get us out of the house so she can have her treat and some peace and quiet.  However, if I go somewhere where she can't follow me (ie upstairs) she does wait at the foot and has a bit of a moan and a whimper.  Mind you, she is an incredibly nosy dog, so it's probably because she wants to know what's going on and feels left out!

So please to hear that Indie is feeling better.

Sue                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version