Cocker Specific Discussion > Puppies

Following me from room to room

<< < (2/5) > >>

Pammy:
Mine follow me everywhere and will sit outside the door if I don't let them in - there are some places I insist on privacy :wink:                    

PennyB:

--- Quote ---Hi Shona,

Tilly does this too, despite me telling her to stay where she is as I'll only be a minute (don't think she understands me!) She is also fond of patches of sunlight.

Interesting to note Penny's comment about separation anxiety as I am confident that, like Wilf,  Tilly does not display this at all when we go out, in fact she sometimes seems eager to get us out of the house so she can have her treat and some peace and quiet.  However, if I go somewhere where she can't follow me (ie upstairs) she does wait at the foot and has a bit of a moan and a whimper.  Mind you, she is an incredibly nosy dog, so it's probably because she wants to know what's going on and feels left out!

So please to hear that Indie is feeling better.

Sue
--- End quote ---

Often dogs who show separation anxiety will follow their owners around as well but it doesn't necessarily mean that because they do they'll suffer from separation anxiety but some can be borderline!                    

lesley8162:
Dicksy is the same and I can say he's fine when I leave him to go to town or wherever as my hubby is on nights and he would hear him if he was making a noise in his crate.  He can appear sound asleep and the minute I leave the room for a second he's awake and at my ankles.  The funny thing is when he comes downstairs he doesn't bolt down he goes down one step at a time and if I stop he stops my son calls it doggy dressage!                    

shonajoy:
Thanks guys, he's fine when I leave him, I did wonder about that, but he hops in his cage quite the thing, and snuggles up, and he's great overnight too.

Just a cocker quirk again then!

Shona                    

Magic Star:
Indie tries to follow me around everywhere too!  However, I have just decided that from today shes not allowed upstairs :?   Have just spent about 45 mins on my hands and knees trying to get white hair out of a plain short pile burgandy carpet :roll:

I think its wise if you are home all day, to try and perhaps have an hour or so without the dog being with you, even its while you clean the bath :roll:   Otherwise it can spiral out of control, and circumstances may change, what if you need to work and can't be home 24/7 anymore :?   I think its always best to help your dog be independant to a point anyway :)                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version