Cocker Specific Discussion > Puppies

very quiet puppy

(1/1)

sausageface:
:( We got our chocolate and cream cocker on friday night (he is 11 weeks old) and since then he hasnt really moved from his box, unless we put him outside and then he is a different dog he runs and chases my son, but as soon as we are back inside he just stays where we put him and makes no attempt to move or explore.
Has anybody else had a puppy like this, he just seems so laid back, I realise it takes them a while to settle in, but I havnt known a cocker like him, any advice.                    

KellyP:
Hi and welcome to the forums! :)

When we first got Millie she was very quiet and well behaved, even when playing! after about a week - 10 days she was barging around all over the house making lots of noise and generally trying to take charge ;)
Give your little one some time, it could be that outside he feels safer and so is a little more adventurous, but inside he hasn't quite gotten used to the environment.

BTW - whats a Chocolate & cream look like? please post some piccies ...  or have I missed them ?  :?:  :D                    

LindaW:
He's got to get used to his new environment and I'm sure he will make up for it in the long run!!  If he was raised in a kennel environment it will take him longer to adjust. :)                    

Jane S:
Don't worry, I'm sure your puppy will be making up for lost time soon - as Linda says, kennel-reared puppies can be over-awed when they first move to a new home & meet all the things they haven't encountered before but this shouldn't last long :wink: I imagine your puppy must either be a chocolate roan or a chocolate & white - chocolate & cream isn't a recognised Cocker colour but chocolate roans can look quite "creamy" to begin with :)                    

Loraine:
Candy was very quiet when she was first brought home.  She just sat on the rug and stared at me.   She wasn't even that adventurous in the garden.  Didn't last for long though.  Sometimes I wish she was still like that now!  :lol:

Loraine  :)                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version