Author Topic: Whining & Super Clingy  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Elouise

Whining & Super Clingy
« on: March 28, 2019, 07:35:37 PM »
Izzie is almost two and often velcros herself to us, but this has increased and we can't move for her! She has also started doing an unusual whiny noise (like a deeper noise) when she greets us. She is unsettled on a night time and whines, this is not typical behaviour, last night she didn't stop until my partner went down to sleep on the sofa with her. Last season was January... but I'm wondering if it's hormonal driven anxiety? Any similar experiences?

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Whining & Super Clingy
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 07:52:54 PM »
My very first thought before I got to the end of the post was 'I wonder if she is spayed'.  It does seem hormonal.  When did you notice this becoming more of an issue?

Offline Elouise

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 07:57:29 PM »
Hi there... it started on Sunday night, bless her, but last night she was very unsettled and was butting the stairgate and whining. Surely she can't be due another season so soon, but she didn't act like this for her previous two? Phantom pregnancy maybe?

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 08:03:30 PM »
That would seem too long after her season, in my opinion.  Is she showing signs of discomfort?  Could it be something physical...

Offline Elouise

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 08:33:19 PM »
Nope, she stopped as soon as my partner slept on the sofa with her. And she's been at doggy daycare and ran round crazily all day, apparently. Let's hope she's settled tonight... feel like I've got a newborn at home!

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 09:01:29 PM »
Ah, right.  So I assume she sleeps downstairs, and is a bit lonely at night time. 

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 05:35:01 AM »
Could something of unsettled her of a night time ?

If she is a Velcro cocker she might be wanting to protect her "pups" by having them close if she is unsettled.

Bea uses a different deeper sound with my mum and I think that is a similar thing.