Author Topic: Teddy Baby!  (Read 664 times)

Offline wend

• Site Member
Teddy Baby!
« on: December 31, 2006, 08:04:51 PM »
Summer has a soft toy that she keeps carrying around just like its her baby. If you go near it she growls, if you move it she goes and gets it, takes it back to her bed and licks it. Is this normal behaviour, has it got anything to do with her being spayed or is it just that she has had puppies in the past?

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Re: Teddy Baby!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 08:35:19 PM »
I would think it's her hormones having a jump around, considering her past it is understandable her forming an attachment. I'd be tempted to take it out of the way for a few days, just to save any hassle  ;)

jmho
Michele :003:

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 08:39:28 PM »
aw poor little mite  :luv:

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 08:43:15 PM »
I agree with Michele. Hormones, troubled past and upheaval. Hope she leaves it alone for just long enough for you to hide it away before she sees you  :shades: .
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 09:35:32 PM »
when we first got millie she "collected" all kinds,shoes,socks,t towels and lots of other things too.she would sit them in her bed and snuggle them.she stoped after a few weeks and when i posted about it someone said it was she was feeling secure.i never took things off her for more than half a day,except my boots :005:
ellie our 9 month puppy has one toy in particular that she adores.she holds it in her mouth and whinges and whines with it.she gets very nasty with paddy if he tries to have a look at it.i have removed this toy for a few days but it makes no difference she would just find a substitute until her little polar bear is returned.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 09:39:07 PM »
Molo will have periods of half an hour or so at a  time when he will "suck" one of his cuddlies, whimpering and whining as he does so  ph34r He will carry it to different parts of the house with him, too.
I've not tried to take it off him, so don't know if he would protect it; I also thought it was behaviour more usually seen in bitches, but he has done this since he grew out of puppyhood  :-\
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 12:27:35 AM »
Molo will have periods of half an hour or so at a  time when he will "suck" one of his cuddlies, whimpering and whining as he does so  ph34r He will carry it to different parts of the house with him, too.
I've not tried to take it off him, so don't know if he would protect it; I also thought it was behaviour more usually seen in bitches, but he has done this since he grew out of puppyhood  :-\

Bailey does it too - every night  ::)
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx