Author Topic: Drinking Beer  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Drinking Beer
« on: April 17, 2004, 10:51:09 PM »
Has anyone ever experienced their Cocker drinking Beer?  On a couple of occasions we have left a glass on the floor and come back into the room to find Jazz happliy lapping it up, the last time she must have drunk about 1/4 of the pint glass.  Also when Alan drinks his drink she goes mad for it, and jumps all over the place. She does not do this when Alan, or me drinks anything else.. Could she be an alchol'pup'.....

Seriosly though I quite worried any damage she may be doing. The only good thing is it seems to calm her down a bit on a saturday night, although am also worried thats because shes sloshed.

Obvioulsy we are being very careful to make sure she doesn't get any more, but just wondered if anyone elses cockers loved this drink.                    
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Drinking Beer
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 12:26:57 PM »
When I was a kid, I remember one of our border collies used to love the foamy stuff at the top of the glass when the beer was first poured (as a non drinker, not sure of the technical term :wink:  :lol: ).  Only a few months ago, my younger cousin (who at 21 should really know better) put some wine in a bowl "just to see if the dogs would drink it" :evil:  Needless to say Dallas the Dustbin drank it :roll:  I was not a happy bunny :evil:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Drinking Beer
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 01:17:02 PM »
It's prob the yeast that's causing the attraction. The odd lick prob won't do any harm, but anymore and it won't be good for her.

My Jasper loves Baileys :?  :shock:  I can only put my glass down when i've finished. He waits for the ice to melt then drinks what's left. :?                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Drinking Beer
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 06:00:55 PM »
I'm glad that others have alcoholic cockers .. Millie simply adores lager, and Baileys too - she does the same thing as Jasper.
It was quite funny, as Tris had some Baileys the other night and left the ice to melt for her.. so she preceeded to slurp it down, ony to let out a huge, highly loutish blech when she had finished.
It had Tris and I in stitches     :lol:  :lol:  :lol:                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline daftcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.chaysonniecockers.co.uk
Drinking Beer
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 09:23:06 AM »
Alfie used to love the froth on a pint of guiness. And we once had a cat that we thought had been hit by a car as she was staggering everywhere, we took her to the vet who was baffled, until he smelt her breath. My dad had left a glass of whisky and water on his desk and the cat must of drank it, 2 days later she was walking again but look pretty hungover :oops:                    
WWW.CHAYSONNIECOCKERS.CO.UK

Thanks susan and the gang

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Drinking Beer
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 10:05:31 AM »
Alfie used to love the froth on a pint of guiness. And we once had a cat that we thought had been hit by a car as she was staggering everywhere, we took her to the vet who was baffled, until he smelt her breath. My dad had left a glass of whisky and water on his desk and the cat must of drank it, 2 days later she was walking again but look pretty hungover :oops:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Drinking Beer
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004, 02:31:04 PM »
We have had to put Indie in his crate when dh has a beer sometimes - he goes mad for it! Not helped by dh who always gives him the last drop from a bottle :roll:

He shows a preference for Becks beer.                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline montsmum

• Site Member
Drinking Beer
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2004, 07:43:35 PM »
Monty used to like the dregs from a can of beer when he was a puppy, but began to think it was his right to have some whenever my husband had a can. So we stopped it, also  we were wondering what the RSPCA's (should be RSPCCS?) take would be on giving beer to Cocker Spaniels!
I think that given the opportunity, he would resume his wicked ways! We have some amusing photos of Monty with beer cans (in the last throws of alcoholism..!). :lol:                    

Offline taliska

• Site Member
    • Our Family
Drinking Beer
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2004, 08:58:13 PM »
I do think that there is something in alcohol that attracts them, poss the yeast as Pammy says.  We don't give Tali alcohol, but if you spill the slighest drop he goes mad for it trying to lick it up. :lol:  :lol:                    
Sue, Steve
Twins Sam and Sophie
Cockers - Taliska & Jurra
Puddy Cats - Tigger, Frankie & Tino

Offline markjcage

• Site Member
Drinking Beer
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2004, 02:02:21 PM »
Once found Daisy licking out of a glass of Raki that someone had left on the lawn!
Fortunately managed to catch her whilst she was still at the slurring stage, just before the stage when she walks around telling everyone she loves them.                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Drinking Beer
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2004, 06:59:21 PM »
Once found Daisy licking out of a glass of Raki that someone had left on the lawn!
Fortunately managed to catch her whilst she was still at the slurring stage, just before the stage when she walks around telling everyone she loves them.

Offline BentleyBrewster

• Site Member
Drinking Beer
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2004, 04:16:14 AM »
I spilled a beer  :cry:  on carpet when Bentley was 10 weeks and I had to put him in the other room while cleaned it up ..... ever since theh if i have a can in my ahnd he very intersted! :lol:

I don't really give him an opportunity to persue beer drinking but i would guess if i pourd it in his bowl he would drink it!   :wink:                    
-Michael
U.S.A.

Offline BentleyBrewster

• Site Member
Drinking Beer
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2004, 04:16:19 AM »
I spilled a beer  :cry:  on the carpet when Bentley was 10 weeks and I had to put him in the other room while cleaned it up :lol: ..... ever since then if i have a can in my hand he is very intersted! :lol:

I don't really give him an opportunity to persue beer drinking but i would guess if i poured it in his bowl he would drink it!   :wink                    
-Michael
U.S.A.

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
Drinking Beer
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2004, 07:33:23 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  sorry i shouldn't laugh but it sounded so funny about the cat who was drunk. :lol:  :lol:                    
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net