Author Topic: No reason to euthanise.  (Read 5799 times)

Offline annclare

Re: No reason to euthanise.
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2018, 09:11:17 PM »
We're all wimps on here when it comes to letting go of our pets. Don't feel bad about your change of heart.
You have to live with yourself afterwards so it has to be the right decision at the right time. You have my sympathy and understanding.

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2018, 09:04:51 AM »
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:  Extra hugs and kisses to you and Patrick  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Enjoy every second with him  :luv:
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline woodlander

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2018, 10:21:00 AM »
Be kind to yourself our fur babies are so precious  :luv:

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 11:58:44 AM »
I  understand and no matter how long you have - each day is just about you and your Patrick and are precious.

Take care
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Issy

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2018, 01:01:20 PM »
Don?t feel bad about changing your mind. It?s such an important decision that has to be right for you and Patrick.  :bigarmhug: to you both.

Offline PaddyMcGinty

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2018, 01:21:13 PM »
Feed at 6am then sicked it up after being restless .Then in obvious pain .Running around barking and yelping.  He hasn't barked in over a year.  His back was arched in pain and panting badly. Vet opens at 8.30. Anyway get there and myself plus two Vets agreed to end his life for his own good.

Three weeks ago he had a suspected seed in his ear having been tossing his head. On the Vet's computer today it said "Suspected old dog stroke."  That's the first it was mentioned.  I think the practice should have phoned me to say he may have had a stroke and I would have said  to not bring him back from the sedation.

As it was. the sedation was an ordeal. Poor Pat was so distressed at being apart from me the practice asked me to fetch him an hour earlier than arranged. He had to be carried to my car and walked to my house with his back legs flailing him.

Had they just phoned and said, We think Pat had an old dog stroke, best let him go, I would have agreed.

Any way he's gone.

I remember how Pat jumped in to my arms and said he was coming home  with me, to deep snow.

I so loved him.

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2018, 01:45:26 PM »
So sorry you have lost your dear old friend, all of us on COL feel for you.  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Lesley
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline pam1

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2018, 01:57:45 PM »
This is so sad, we love them so much don't we?   You gave him a lovely life and you will have the memories you made with him forever.

We are all thinking of you 😢
Pam, Oliver and Bertie

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2018, 02:15:37 PM »
So so sorry for your loss. You loved him, and he knew it and he loved you too and at the end of the day that?s what matters. Hold on tight to the memories of the happy times that he had with you and you with him. Thinking of you.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2018, 04:01:23 PM »
I am so sorry to read of you loosing your beloved Pat.  I know that there are no words to help your pain and ease your heart, but your beautiful boy is out of pain.  Sleep tight Pat - your master loved you and that is the most precious gift we can give and receive.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline annclare

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2018, 04:10:25 PM »
No words at this sad time .No one could have done more. You shared a deep bond and that bond will stay in your memory. Be kind to yourself. Rest in peace Pat, never forgotten. xx

Offline PaddyMcGinty

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2018, 05:40:09 PM »
Hope this is seen by all as I don't understand this forum yet. Just wanted to say thank you for all your kind messages.  I will try to put up a picture of Patrick. He was not only handsome but a kind, sweet boy as most Cockers are.  In such pain this morning, he showed no sign of aggression.

Thank you all.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2018, 06:25:56 PM »
I am deeply sorry for your loss, it is pain like nothing else.  I promise that one day when you are thinking about Patrick, happy memories will be at the forefront and the pain will ease. You have nothing to reproach yourself for. It is the kindest but hardest thing to do. Be kind to yourself. 
Run free Patrick, much loved.  :luv: 🌈

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2018, 06:41:56 PM »
So very sorry to read of your loss of Patrick
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Issy

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2018, 07:15:05 PM »
I am so very sorry for your loss. You did the very best for your lovely boy and you will always have a piece of him in your heart.
Run free Patrick.  :luv:.