Author Topic: Return from a very old member  (Read 2948 times)

Offline rsmccrea

Return from a very old member
« on: January 04, 2021, 09:27:56 AM »
Hello all

I joined as a member of COL back in 2005 and I think my username was Rachel B (I have had to sign up for a new account as I couldn't get my old one to work - I cannot believe it was 15 years ago that I signed up!) when we got our gorgeous Blue Roan and Tan puppy, Barney.  We sadly lost Barney very suddenly in 2016 and to be honest it often still makes me get teary when I think of how suddenly he went.  He had been a bit under the weather and the vet had advised us to let him rest but then he deteriorated and got admitted.  They never did diagnose what he died of but they were so shocked as well.  That loss in May 2016 left us and our twin daughters (who were 4 at the time with a chasm in our hearts but we simply did not feel able get another dog as it felt like a betrayal to Barney. Since then we have had another child who is now about to turn 4 and I have rejoined COL as we think it is now time to fill that dog size gap in our family.  We are hoping to find the right dog in 2022 - we are starting our search now as with all of the horrific puppy farming going on during this pandemic we want to make sure we find a reputable breeder and so that they can see we are not going into this lightly. I actually signed up for this new account in March 2020, but then paused our search as starting our search during a pandemic seemed like a very bad idea.

I am really looking forward to rekindling old friendships and starting new ones and when the time is right introducing our new family member  :luv:

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: Return from a very old member
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 10:16:12 AM »
Hello Rachel B - I remember you  :D

So sorry to hear of Barney's passing - I am also recently back after losing Fern last year and we are hoping for a female (black) WCS late March, I am using the same breeder that we got Fern from

Wishing you all the best in your search for a decent breeder and your new addition

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 11:09:33 AM »
Hi Rachel welcome back, I’m sorry you lost  Barney so suddenly, it’s hard.
Good luck in your search.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline rsmccrea

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 11:52:46 AM »
Thank you both  :luv:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 01:39:23 PM »
Hi and welcome back! I didn‘t join until the second half of 2015 so its like we only had a „brief encounter“ but once a COL‘er always a COL‘er ! ;)
I can quite understand how you feel about Barney, it took me several years to feel comfortable about having another dog, I somehow didn‘t think I  could love another one the same and that it would be unfair but that is, ofcourse, silly, our hearts stretch I reckon, - there‘s always room for another one!
Look forward to hearing from you, keep us posted!

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 08:10:39 PM »
Welcome back, sorry to hear about Barney, t's always hard.  Good that you feel you have a dog shaped space for a new friend, we had quite a while in between as well.  It's just what suits you.  Anyway, nice to have you back.