Author Topic: Archie and Tia start their "Special" Training today!  (Read 848 times)

Offline Stacey

• Site Member
Archie and Tia start their "Special" Training today!
« on: September 09, 2007, 02:46:26 PM »
We off in 5 minutes to Archie and Tia's 1st mini training class! My friend is going to teach me to teach them to become perfect doggy citizens (I hope). He has 3 retrievers (working strain) a lab and 2 terriers all perfectly behaved  :angel: :angel: so i hope the same will happen with my two  :005:

Will let you know how we get on later.....

Offline Boof

• Site Member
Re: Archie and Tia start their "Special" Training today!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 02:52:07 PM »
I'm sure Archie and Tia will be little angels.  :angel:

Oh, and I adore working (or fieldline as I know it) goldens. Then again I would, since I have JJ.  :luv:

Offline Stacey

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 12:25:31 PM »
Training last night went better than expected and Archie and Tia made new friend with's their 6 dogs. After the hour training they spent another half hour playing with Timber, Bruce and Gayle the retrievers! Archie has never been that good with other dogs (he barks contiually at them). Mike showed my how to deal with it and he is fine now - i just have to keep it up! Going back next week for walking to heel!

As the training is also the place were i work they can now stay with me all the time  :D Im soooo happy!

Offline Tracy S

• Site Member
  • louie-blue shoes
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 12:38:22 PM »

Well done Archie and Tia :luv:

Out of interest, how do you stop Archie barking at other dogs? Louie only does it very occasionally when he's really excited and wants to play, I'm not sure the other dogs 'get him' and our cats certainly don't :005:

Offline Stacey

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 01:50:22 PM »
We started with a small plastic bottle with a few stones in and as soon as he barked we say "quiet" and shake the bottle - it's worked a treat but i know alot of people do not agree with this method.  Archie is already responding to just the verbal command of "quiet" - the bottle was only used about half a dozen times last night. I don't want to stop the barking completely as it is a dogs way of warning/communicating but i can now control how much is uses his voice!

Now he's not constantly barking other dogs they will actually be his friend now!