Author Topic: Something has got to change or they are going!!!!!  (Read 17411 times)

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
Re: Something has got to change or they are going!!!!!
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2008, 09:54:16 PM »
Hi Gemma it's great to hear things are getting better for you. Ideas for indoor games, hide the treat I get lots of plant pots turn them upside down and put treats under a few I put them all over so he has to find them then tip them over to get the treat from under. I also use them the other way with toys inside that he has to find and bring to get a treat.  I also teach him simple tricks, this seems to really wear him out so we get a bit of peace.
If you don't mind a bit of mess loo rolls or plastic bottles with treats in can keep him quiet for a while.

we too love the loo roll middle with treats inside and plastic bottles are a great idea too..mine get a loo roll each with treats in just before i go to work..they love them..the find it game is also a good dog knackerer..is that a real word  :-\
glad you are feeling  better...it really is an awful illness..depression..as much as you dont want to feel this way you cant help it  ;) but so glad you have taken it upon yourself to get out there  ;)

Offline PennyB

Re: Something has got to change or they are going!!!!!
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2008, 11:14:17 PM »
Would like to think of some games for home to keep there mind active though  :D

Have you ever tried clicker training --- will have to do each separately but its great for stimulating their brains. Ruby will follow me everywhere with the target stick now, she gets so excited if she sees it (even one of my cats does when I practise clicker training with him)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!