Author Topic: Calling all coll ers I need your help!  (Read 7738 times)

Offline wrenside

• Site Member
Re: Calling all coll ers I need your help!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 02:24:59 PM »
Moss 1 year old and Bella 3 and a half years old.

Both fed on JWB dry kibble (adult)

No physical or behavioral problems  :D

Mary xxx

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 02:30:53 PM »
Hurley - 2 years old

Fed on BARF - has been since he was about 5 months old. No temperment issues whatso ever.

behaviourial issues is: pulling on lead - recall falling on deaf ears - all 'issues' that should be worked on by me!
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline jools

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 02:35:02 PM »
Bramble (almost 4)  and Poppy (almost 2) are fed on JWB senior/light and BARF. No behavioural issues other than stuff I should work on (Bramble barks at me when I stop to talk to other walkers  :005:)

Brammie has fantastic appetite and eats the kibble with the same enthusiasm as she does BARF. Poppy isn't keen on kibble and I sometimes have to feed her it off a spoon  ph34r ph34r Jeez....that's a behavioural issue right there!
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 02:40:52 PM »
jacks 5mths old
fed on skinners puppy food
No behavioural problems (but i might be biased because im too in love with him to see any faults) and hes hitting the teenage stage.

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 02:42:05 PM »
Jasper (3 in June - castrated) slightly overweight show type therefore changed from BARF in February as couldn't control fat content of the meat (and raw bones not always available). Fed Arden Grange Lite for two months but no change in weight. Now feeding Burns High Oats and weight decreasing. Jasper not keen though - he likes AG better but always been picky eater.

Louie (2 in July - castrated) very active part worker, was on BARF now kibble to bring in line with the others. Tried Burns Fish but upset stomach, now Arden Grange Chicken & Rice Adult. Will eat anything.

Heidi (6 months) arrived on Royal Canin, changed to AG Puppy and just started AG Chicken & Rice adult to feed same as Lou

All still have Pilchards, chicken wings and raw bone (1 - 2 times a week).

Louie is much calmer and quieter this last 2 -3 weeks (could be food or could be age - he was castrated in December 07) Jasper is prone to sticky eyes, think thats increased at moment again and may have to increase/introduce extra fish oils

Hope that's OK  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2008, 02:45:03 PM »
All 3 of mine are on Arden Grange.

No behavioural issues - just 3 happy Cockers that enjoy getting up to the usual doggy mischief when the mood suits them.  :lol2:

( I think the feeding habits on here probably aren't very representative of the dog owning population as a whole though.)

Offline Clover

• Site Member
  • Clover & Amy
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2008, 02:49:03 PM »
Arden Grange, dry, light.

No behavior issues

Willow and Katie

Offline LucyJ

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2008, 02:51:25 PM »
Daisy - currently on Naturediet and no issues with her at all, she's a little angel  :luv:.  
She has previously been on Royal Canin (as a baby puppy), then Pro plan (vet recommended as she was throwing up on RC) then JWB then Burns - the last 3 were all adult maintenance.  
On all of the kibble type foods she ended up with a sensitive tummy (throwing up a lot) and anal gland problems which meant she used to get stroppy with other dogs sniffing her bum.

Cooper - currently on JWB and no issues at all, he's the soppiest, sweetest and usually most biddable boy ever  :luv:.  
He was on Burns for a while as a weight loss thing but started to be a bit aggressive round food as he was permanently hungry - he wouldn't let Daisy in the kitchen at all, and would growl at other dogs in the park if they came near me when I had treats in my pocket.  This was totally out of character for him, and the day I switched him back to JWB he went back to usual.

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2008, 02:51:51 PM »
Happy to help, Mark

Buddy, 3 years old.

Part BARF, part Burns, high oats at the moment. Probably a little more BARF than Burns over the week.

No huge behavioural problems, but he has som edog-dog fear which manifests as lots of barking, and once we have passed them he might run after them for a few steps. Has never made contact, nor really tried to, so far.

Lots of barking at postman and visitors but soon settles.

Scavenging ++++

Not a high-energy dog at all, but very healthy and happy enough.

Feel free to contact if you want to clarify anything.

Offline BettyBoo

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2008, 02:53:46 PM »
Betty is 1 and has Burns Adult with mackerel or pilchards once a week. No behavourial issues apart from jumping up to say hello to people which I would say is more to do with training than diet :lol2:
Barbara, Betty & Millie x

Offline ali

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2008, 02:53:57 PM »
barkley (2 1/2) has naturediet (lamb) in the morning with a bit of weetabix and a bowl of jwb (again lamb- adult maintenence) in the evening.

appears to be slightly anxious about certain things in the house at the mo, but on the whole a pretty contented, relaxed chap.
'my goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am'

Offline BabyB

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2008, 02:58:38 PM »
Both (aged 9mths and 21mths) are on Proplan Adult chicken and rice.
They also have a roast dinner once or twice a week (no roast pots though) as well as some cheese for training.  They love 'NICE' biscuits too.  They also love raw carrots.
21 mth old is scared of new people and dogs of leads who bound over to her (larger dogs).
Getting better with new people as the vet said to drag people in off the street to let her see they're no threat to her!  Not done that, but knew what he meant.

She reacts by woofing a couple of times and running upstairs (then looks through the bannisters).  Or she'll go into the kitchen and lay down.  A friend of ours will immediately go and pick her up and she's fine with that.

Started puppy class and was a nervous wreck - 8 wks later she won the most improved in the class by the trainers - brought a tear to my eye.  Bless her little face.  Only had her since Feb, so she's doing us proud.

Hope this helps, and good luck.
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2008, 03:10:19 PM »
Millie 2yrs old - fed Wainwrights turkey and rice adult (dry), the odd biscuit, small amount of cooked meat for training.

Behavioural issues -

Lunges, scrabbles, barks and does screaming cry when she spots something chaseable that she can't get at. Very hard to calm down or get attention when it's still in sight. Most of the trigger animals (smaller birds etc.) do not provoke a reaction if she has the freedom of the long line.

Some fear and aggression problems with other dogs and people. Again much reduced when on long line.

But as I've only had her 6mths some of these problems may be from rehoming (previous owners certainly didn't mention it  :shades:). She was fed on Pedigree tinned food when I got her, and lots of table scraps!

Millie

Offline screamingswifts

• Limited Member
  • Fargo the Scruff Butt
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2008, 03:11:26 PM »
Happy to help - good luck with the collage work :D

Fargo 2yrs

All BARF diet
No behavioral problems - apart from being a stoopid soppy thing :luv:

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2008, 03:13:27 PM »
Charley: ten years four months

Frolic main diet.  Has some of whatever meat we have in the evening.  Has Schmackos, Bonio and those multicoloured chews as treats.  Doggiechocs as a treat after his eye medication five or six times per day.

No issues at all. Can remove food or anything from him without demur.  Has never been destructive.  Very friendly.

I should have added that Charley has his food on tap, as it were.  His Frolic is topped up as necessary.  He is not greedy and certainly not food orientated.