Author Topic: HELP PLEASE. Desperate plea for advice / reassurance...  (Read 7888 times)

Offline carly_cl

Re: HELP PLEASE. Desperate plea for advice / reassurance...
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2012, 12:14:08 AM »
Changed my pic to me and my boy (just to make it even harder for myself!) x

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2012, 12:22:30 AM »
  :bigarmhug:  Its a really really hard thing to decide to do, and no-one will be wanting you to rush into it.... if you're really that undecided why not get in touch with Mark so he can have a look at Oscar and get his opinion - if nothing else at least it would give the people who've offered to take him some insight and it might give you the lifeline you sound like you're looking for  :luv:
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline carly_cl

« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2012, 12:31:56 AM »
Thanks Maggie. We have been talking about asking Mark for help, if I knew we thought we could live a relitavely stress free life with some methods of training we would give it a shot. Its still being discussed in between all the tears and tantrums, its a slightly emotional house right now! x

Offline maddy74

« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2012, 08:45:13 AM »
Morning Carly,

I agree with Maggie R, I think from reading your posts you cant make the painful decision to let your boy go but by the same token you cant risk his  behaviour and him turning as your son grows up. If you get in touch with Mark he can come and meet your boy and give you his honest opinion, if his opinion is to re home him at least you have considered all options. If it were me I think thats what I would do. What an awful time for you. Big hugs.

Maddy

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2012, 08:53:48 AM »
Hi Carly,  seeing mark is really worth while, selby is a reactive dog, and we travelled all the way from France to see him, he gave us some really good advice, and selby did improve. He will come to the house and asses him.

Hope you find  the strength to make the right decision for all the family and for Oscar. X

Offline carly_cl

« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2012, 10:03:27 PM »
MegandMolly Thanks so much for your kind words. I read your msgs out to my other half, its reassuring to know you would do the same thing.
Due to the fact Oscar has been a dream all week we have sat on it and not really made any decisions, until tonight. My brother came round and basically had a go at us, saying that we should have already had him rehomed and we are risking with our son by not doing so. Made us feel like c**p tbh but we have made the phone call and he is going to his new home on Sat. Ive cried all night, we were contemplating trying to work with him but I do agree its taking a risk so as agonising as it is the ball is rolling now. We have had no more crazy rages from him and Im feeling a bit easier around the gates etc although not 100% confident. The house just wont be the same without him and my little boy will be gutted too, he asks for Oscar every morning. Its so frustrating, I just wish he could see what he was doing to himself!!! Thankyou to you all for putting up with my emotional ramblings.......xxx

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2012, 10:57:28 PM »
 :bigarmhug: I can't imagine how hard its been for you to make this decision, but you need to do whats right for you as a family for sure. 
Just think about passing on Marks details with Oscar, he sounds like he's a stressed boy and I'm sure Mark would be able to help your friends help Oscar.
 :bigarmhug:'s again....
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2012, 04:24:19 PM »
Oh Carly - that is so, so sad but I am sure you have made the right decision for your family. You can always go and see Oscar and you never know, in time you might feel ready for another bundle of fun and cockerness.

take care and take heart in the fact that you have found a great home for him x
Roxy b.19.05.10  Bobby b.21.08.11
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2012, 04:43:53 PM »
Good Luck Carly
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
  • With Lottie and Lola in North Yorkshire
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2012, 06:20:29 PM »
Good luck with everything, what a hard hard decision  :'( but your son is your first concern.  :bigarmhug:

Let us know how Oscar gets on with his new family, I so hope they can help him with his problems 
Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011

Offline carly_cl

« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2012, 09:20:44 PM »
Ill keep you all posted, you really have been a lifeline to me. Its a shame I didnt discover this forum earlier, there are clearly some wonderful people on. Thankyou again C x

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2012, 09:53:43 PM »
 :bigarmhug:
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline black taz

« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2012, 10:15:05 PM »
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline anneclarke

« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2012, 09:33:53 AM »
big hugs carly xxxx

Offline Darwin

« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2012, 09:44:35 AM »
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: