Author Topic: fuses new hair cut - horror  (Read 2173 times)

Offline sabrino

• Site Member
Re: fuses new hair cut - horror
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 04:47:26 PM »
 :'(  >:( :'(

Poor Fuse!!!
Sabrina, Milo & Lupin x

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 04:49:58 PM »
The "groomer" I took Gari to - who I now doubt to be a real groomer, just someone with a pair of clippers - shaved him so close he looked like a skinned rabbit. >:D

He now has his full thick curly coat back and looks great to me, so I've been wary about where to take him. I asked a local groomer if she could trim him, but she said that he had a "double coat" and it would cost twice as much to do! :o

Does a double coat actually exist??
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 04:56:06 PM »
That is irritating  >:D

My last show type had a very heavy coat after he was castrated and as I didn't show him and walked in muddy forests and heathland everyday I ended up having him clipped off. It was kinder for him and easier for me!

Currently I'm using scissors on Dave and he hasn't been castrated yet so I'm not sure what will happen to his coat but even as it is, he occasionally gets caught up in brambles and gorse and to be honest, I have my dogs to do a lot of walking with and I haven't got the time to spend half an hour or an hour untangling him every day so I suspect it's only a matter of time before he gets lopped too... we have more fun that way and the house is a lot cleaner  :lol2:

Workers definitely seem to have finer coats though so I suspect there is a lot less need to clip them totally... and if you'd asked her not to that's pretty rubbish really  >:D

Hope it grows back quickly!

Hannah xx

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline mac

• Site Member
  • fuse
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 11:47:51 PM »
thank you all for your comments
fuse seem back to his normal self. 
phew i may very well start trying to cut him myself ......
we were on the beach today for a nice walk and an old couple cameover and said thats the cutest labrador puppy we have seen in a long time .  i said thats nice shame hes nearly a two year old cocker .  i may get fuse a t shirt printed with im a cocker on it...... 
love from fuse and lisa and now adding little sox