Author Topic: Which Groomers Shampoo is best for a whiffy dog?  (Read 969 times)

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
Which Groomers Shampoo is best for a whiffy dog?
« on: September 30, 2010, 11:06:36 PM »
Odie has returned from the kennels and is very whiffy :shades:  I know a lot of you use the Groomers shampoos, which one would be best eliminating these odours?  All the fragrances sound lovely, I don't know which one to choose  ::)  Lesley
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Re: Which Groomers Shampoo is best for a whiffy dog?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 11:09:33 PM »
Not groomers but, if you want one that's really natural, I came across this company the other day at a trade fair http://www.nhs4animals.com/shop/infocanineproducts/caninedirtybeast.html

Definately one I intend to get products from in the future  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 11:14:03 PM »
Thanks for the link  ;)
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 11:20:35 PM »
Odie has returned from the kennels and is very whiffy :shades:  I know a lot of you use the Groomers shampoos, which one would be best eliminating these odours?  All the fragrances sound lovely, I don't know which one to choose  ::)  Lesley

Pets at Home stock some of the Groomer's shampoos including an aromatherapy one, and the detangling shampoo which is lovely. Why not pop along to your nearest P@H and sniff them all until you find one you like  :D
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 07:57:15 AM »
Thanks for that ;)  I've looked on PAH online and they only stock 3 types, hopefully the shops will have more to sniff!  Lesley

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 08:21:58 AM »
Lesley, I use the Primrose Oil one......works well for my boys and leaves them ubber silky.

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 08:40:47 AM »
In my Salon my Aromatherapy one is always the quickest to get used up. Need I say anymore.  :shades: It has a lovely smell and they also do a perfume spray in it, which last really well, although I do tend to prefer the baby fresh spray myself, but that's just personal choice. All their sprays last really well on the coat and smell lovely for ages afterwoulds.  ;)
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 10:51:26 AM »
I quite like the groomers Aromatherapy, Mint and lavender - seems to make them smell fresh, plus theres a spray to go with it for in between baths.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 11:34:16 AM »
I quite like the groomers Aromatherapy, Mint and lavender - seems to make them smell fresh, plus theres a spray to go with it for in between baths.

That's the one I've gone for so hopefully he'll be a sweet smelling pooch soon  :005:

Saying that, I smelt a few others and I liked both the Primose Oil and Aromatherapy ones too - decisions decisions...  :lol2:

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 03:06:39 PM »
I know they all smell lovely don't they!!!   I've got a baby coat conditioner as well - I know my lot aren't babies but it smelt so lush and is great for 'I rolled in poo today Mum' days ;)