Author Topic: You give them love ... they give you hell  (Read 4711 times)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: You give them love ... they give you hell
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 11:48:16 AM »
Amazing isn't it, When we go on hols to Devon we stay at the same holiday park. We travel from Swanage after an overnight stay and then do the rest of the journey the next day. The dogs are quiet en route, but as soon we reach the site and I indicate left, they realise (God knows how) that we are there, and it's a good reason to let everyone know we have arrived.  :lol:

btw we shall be away from 31/8 to 8/9 if someone would like to take over  :birthday: greetings that would be much appreciated  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2018, 01:30:18 PM »
 I can do that! - and presumably Julie won‘t mind backing me up, lest I forget!!  ;)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 03:04:28 PM »
I can do that! - and presumably Julie won‘t mind backing me up, lest I forget!!  ;)

Bless you both thanks,  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2018, 07:26:22 AM »
Just had my first full night sleep in a week!! Thank the lord!!!!!!!!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2018, 07:57:08 AM »
That is good, so you're feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning then  ;)

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2018, 02:15:31 PM »

Will do :D  Jayne and I will jump to it never fear :005:
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2018, 02:17:29 PM »
Good boy Leo

Fingers crossed for tonight :clapping:

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2018, 10:55:54 PM »
2 nights full sleep... back to square one last night  >:( now currently listening to him barking in his bed... falls asleep for 10 mimutes, wakes up and barks again.
I literally have no idea what is waking him!!!

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2018, 07:07:25 AM »
Wasps, flies, mosiquitos? ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz at night, sending me barking mad at the moment.!! Just a thought..   :huh:
Headlights from cars going past ? Animals in the garden?

Wonder if a radio playing softly would tone down the silence so that any other noise from outside which might be disturbing him, wouldn‘t seem so obvious?
Hope you can sort it, if not,  maybe 2 pairs of ear plugs and 2 blindfolds - one set for and one forLeo!!  :005: :005:

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2018, 09:56:31 AM »
Maybe a few glasses red wine.......for you I mean

The music thing I used to do with Ollie when he was young, worth a try

Offline James+Carly

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2018, 08:25:42 PM »
Oh no 🙈

We feel your pain.

People keep telling us, which ever method we choose, to be consistent. However, when you’ve both had 4 hours sleep per night for four weeks.... it does test your patients slightly!

Is he interested in a kong before bed? That may help? We’ve also put a radio on at night to try and help. Although I think I’m going to invest in some ear plugs 🙈

I hope Leo settles down for you soon xx

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2018, 09:05:09 PM »
Thanks all for the suggestions  I think it's a little trial an error at the minute with regard to what is waking him up.. he has NEVER been an issue at night before, so i struggle to think any minor adaptations like minimising noise outside etc would be the reason, as he has always been so oblivious to anything like that.

I hate to call him attention seeking but i truly feel he is attention seeking.. but i worry that he has had such a stressful few weeks /months with a lot of change in our household that he is finally lashing back.

Im trying to be as consistent as possible. Last night i ended up going down to him but I made sure i just walked in, made no eye contact, no physical contact etc. Made myself a drink (glass of wine  >:D ), briefly opened the door and then walked back out.. that worked! No sound after that.... tonight I'm going to th leaving him with something of Stuart's clothing again....im reluctant to change too much like music playing or giving him a kong etc yet because he has always been so Good so i know he knows what to do!

Part of me thinks... just carry on being consistent...but It is driving me innssaannneee  :lol2: 2 weeks of broken sleep and i am a zombie

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2018, 10:44:46 AM »
I know the last thing a zombie needs is to wonder the streets :D but what time is his walk, maybe a slightly longer walk it might tire him out(or not with your average cocker) but it might work for both of you.

Fingers crossed

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2018, 07:29:33 PM »
Haha i look like a zombie constantly at the minute anyway so no problem there!
He goes out in an hour at 6pm in the evenings.
I do wonder whether he needs to go out later and I might try that... I've bought som black card today, im going to put it up at the kitchen doors so he can't see out even after parting the curtains to peer out.... not a ruddy clue if it will make a single bit of difference  :lol2: we had a good bedtime last night... in bed at 11pm and no noise. However was up barking at 1am and 4am

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2018, 09:10:35 PM »
Call me crazy.... But desperate times call for desperate measures ....

An attempt to stop him being distracted by the outside... black card against the doors.
All I want is a full night sleep   :lol2: 1.5 weeks with approximately 4 hours sleep a night.. or less.
Even my amazing dog trainer who has helped us through thick and thin is lost for what to suggest! (Other than let him sleep with me but im a stubborn mule!)