Author Topic: THUNDER AND lIGHTENING !  (Read 827 times)

Sue H

THUNDER AND lIGHTENING !
« on: August 05, 2004, 09:38:17 PM »
Barley HATES storms and always has - now, her barking and panicky behaviour makes Bramble cry - they are a right couple of wimps and we have to take them into our bedroom where at least the curtains cut out the lightening flashes - at this time of year, the noise is 'orrible !  We live right next to RAF Brize Norton, so our dogs are used to planes, at which they don't bark during the night - we have tried DAP's but it is all for nothing!

Solidarity for all the other cocker owners who have likewise been kept awake during the recent stormy weather - bless their little baby hearts !  PS has anyone got a good supplier of cocktail sticks as my eyes just .... don't .... seeeemm  ... to want to ..... sat opeeeeennnn                    

Offline PennyB

THUNDER AND lIGHTENING !
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 10:56:38 PM »
A friend of mine (who's also a volunter at the West Oxfordshire animal sanctuary at Stadhampton just down the road from you) always suggests putting a T-shirt on dogs as it makes them feel more secure (you have to do it before the event if you can, and don't laugh at them either). I think its part of the  body wrapping stuff she does for TTouch so they feel comforted. I do use it on mine sometimes and it can work as it tends to quieten mine down.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
THUNDER AND lIGHTENING !
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 11:18:12 PM »