Author Topic: Vets can be too hasty.  (Read 3362 times)

Offline bracken

• Site Member
Re: Vets can be too hasty.
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2009, 03:36:53 PM »
Sorry to hear hugo is leaving  :'( It will be heartbreaking but I'm sure he will be happy in his new home  :luv:

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2009, 03:56:12 PM »
I'm sure Hugo will find his new home happy and less stressful when he settles in. You put masses of hard work in to help him and save him. However  you will be able to relax when you have other children visiting, and maybe, in the future, have a lovely home for another lucky four-legged friend.
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »
What a hearbreaking decision to have to make. You did your very best for Hugo and are still doing your best by making  the hardest  decision of all. I hope Hugo's new home will be right for him and he settles well. Bless him  :luv:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2009, 04:58:51 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear that too, it's an awful situation to be in but sometimes the right decision is the hardest one to make.
Totally agree with Nicola. you have
obviously worked very hard to try to resolve his issues so this not a snap desicion but one based on necessity. My thoughts are with you and your family at this incredibly difficult time :-\
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2009, 05:03:55 PM »
So sorry that it hasn't worked out for you.  At the end of the day you have to ensure your families safety as well as Hugo's wellbeing.

You tried, no-one can criticise you for that.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2009, 05:24:49 PM »

So sorry you've had to make this decision...
You have obviously put in a lot of hard work and committment to Hugo and, with that in mind, no-one can question your decision at this point.  You are doing something that will be very hard for you, but it is the right thing to do.... it won't make it any easier to say goodbye, but you are obviously doing what is right for you and your family!

Thinking of you!  :-*
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2009, 07:23:02 PM »

So sorry you've had to make this decision...
You have obviously put in a lot of hard work and committment to Hugo and, with that in mind, no-one can question your decision at this point.  You are doing something that will be very hard for you, but it is the right thing to do.... it won't make it any easier to say goodbye, but you are obviously doing what is right for you and your family!

Thinking of you!  :-*

What she said - don't be too hard on yourselves - you really tried.  :-\
Julie and Watson

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2009, 07:33:24 PM »
So sorry you had to make this decision, I hope Hugo will be very happy in his new home. :luv:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2009, 07:05:55 PM »
How awful but at the end of the day you and your family tried very hard to make it work with Hugo and your family has to come first.
I hope Hugo can find a home where he will be happy and that you can all get over your sadness. You tried so hard so don't beat yourself up about it.
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline oscars mum

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2009, 05:39:52 AM »
thank you so much for telling your story, I am so sorry things didnt work out better for you and hope you will not give up on dog ownership for ever.

My family to had similar problems to yourself, my dog Oscar is the sweetest dog you could meet. I wanted another dog and thought it would be a good idea to take on a rescue after a lot of search I found a lovely golden cocker.We had a nightmare getting some one to do a home check. but finally we went to bring her home my family and we fell instantly for her she cuddled up to my youngest all the way home from sunday to thursday we couldnt understand why any one would part with her. she had a few basic problems but nothing a bit of training would have sorted Oscar seemed to enjoy having her around.
Thursday night my OH went to bed when i entred the room she was on the bed as soon as I entred the room she started growling snarling and barking I had never encountered any thing like this before. After trying to claim her through talking to her I pulled her off the bed she turn her head to bite but didnt get me. So we thought we would keep her off the bed and hopefully we would have no more problems she seemed fine if she got on the bed we said off and off she got. On sunday morning the dogs had been playing my OH was still in bed then it went quite she had got on my bed and was all cosy I told her to get off only to have a repeat of the thursday night I phoned the rescue it was only then that I asked if she had ever bitten I was told she had nipped her previous owner. she said to be firm and keep her out of our room. We went and got a bed that day. We had a lovely day in the eveing she had made herself comfy in her new bed and was chewing a bit of raw hide her and Oscar had been sharing all week. my youngest got up nowhere near the dog and she started growing and snarling at him. he left the room she growl low we told ourselves she had got engrossed in the raw hide.
then I got up I didnt go anywhere near her she fell out of the bed at me I went in the other room and closed the door on her my OH got pointed at her and said dont you growl at me she bite him we contacted the rescue they advised us to bring her back to them.

I cryed all the way there and was unable to talk to the rescue when we got there. I had thought they would work with her to try to sort this problem out as she had now had 2 homes and had bitten in both I was very suprised that with in a few days she had a new home.
all I can say is I hope she is happy i her new home and her new owner was given more info than we were.