Author Topic: Just get one thing sorted and then!  (Read 506 times)

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
Just get one thing sorted and then!
« on: October 03, 2010, 10:53:01 AM »
Darcy our pup 5 months old, sleeps down stairs in his crate, he was crying every hour from around 4am, which i know he is young and needs the toilet so i would get up and let him out and he would go the toilet and then back to be then start crying again less than 1 hour later.  We began to think Hattie our 2 1/2 year old who sleeps on the landing in her bed was disturbing him as we would leave the room where he slept open and she was running into him, so we shut the door and to be honest it did not make any difference so we put Hattie in our bedroom and had to wonderful undisturbed sleeps.   Now though its not Darcy that is waking up at stupid o clock its Hattie for the last two nights its starts at 2am and i send her back to bed and then 4am and thats it, she is pacing the room, jumping on the bed i pick her up and put her back in her bed and then she starts pacing the room again.  This morning was a nightmare in the end OH let her on the bed and tried to calm her down, but all it did was wind me up as i thought we have let her get her own way and tomorrow would be worse.

As anybody got any ideas what to do.  She did use to sleep in her create so i think that may be the way to go but i have a feeling she may just start whining when she wakes.  Do you think i should feed her a little bit of supper as i think she  wants breakfast, she is totally obsessed with food and often does this behaviour during the day around 2 hours before her tea.

Any advice would be welcome.
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline black taz

Re: Just get one thing sorted and then!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 06:27:02 PM »
do you think she may be crying to get to Darcy?

We have both of our dogs in the bedroom with us at night since Kira was 6 months old and they both sleep through, eitherside the bed on the floor.  Kira slept in a crate until then, but she would wake us up during the night to go toilet but then wouldnt settle again in her crate, so we tried her with us and hey presto she went through the night until the alarm went off!

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
Re: Just get one thing sorted and then!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 01:57:45 PM »
Well we have just got back from a holiday break in Yorkshire and the first night was terrible it ended up with my oh sleeping in the downstairs room with Darcy and i slept with Hattie, But on the second night we decided to create Hattie as she is the one that jumps all over the bed and paces the room and she also likes her create and let Darcy just sleep in his bed on the floor and it worked well so we may try this now we are back home.
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)