Author Topic: Bens not himself - bit of an update  (Read 3984 times)

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
Re: Bens not himself
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 08:56:57 PM »
Poor lad. I hope the vet gets to the bottom of it and he's feeling better soon.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2016, 11:28:10 AM »
Poor Ben, I do hope they can find out what is causing this and have something to help him.

:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: for you all
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Megan Ffion

• Megan Ffion
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 12:34:28 PM »
Best wishes for Ben and for you.  Hoping Ben makes a full and speedy recovery.   :bigarmhug:  :bigarmhug:

Gwyneth & Colin

Remembering Our Sweet Megan

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
Re: Bens not himself - sort of an update
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2016, 08:20:29 PM »
Well we seem to be back and forward to the vet at the moment with poor Ben.  Our vet is lovely but she said she is puzzled by what is going on as its clear he is not right at all but nothing very obvious is showing up.  We seem to be trying all sorts, different antibiotics in case it is a more difficult to treat infection, they helped a little but not completely.  We are trying a week on Loxicom every day in case there is chronic pain (from what she is not sure) and that is what is making him off colour.  Took another urine sample in yesterday, to look again for crystals, had a very surreal conversation with the vet this afternoon who said she had problems with the sample as it was full of basil  :dunno: took me a few seconds to realise she meant the little herb jar I had used wasn't very clean - OH had promised he washed it well before getting the sample but I didn't check myself just dropped it off........  ph34r

She is going back to looking at possible endocrine disorders as she said his thyroxin levels are just not right, so more blood tests for Ben next week. I really feel for him he hates going to the vet so all these visits are really stressing him out.  Hope we can get to the bottom of it soon.

Offline daw

Re: Bens not himself - bit of an update
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2016, 08:49:13 PM »
All good thoughts for him and you.  :-\ Not knowing what is like torture, I do know.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2016, 10:25:41 PM »
Sorry to read your update, I think not knowing can be real hell, as you don't know how to make it right.

:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: for you all, and hope there is good news soon for you :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2016, 10:27:49 PM »
I'm sorry you haven't got any sort of diagnosis yet.  Hopefully, the blood tests will reveal the problem and Ben will be on the road to recovery from whatever is making him feel under the weather soon.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2016, 10:38:35 PM »
Fingers crossed for you and Ben that something can be sorted soon!  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline PennyB

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2016, 03:16:14 PM »
Hope you get an idea soon
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 12:08:04 AM »
Hope Ben gets sorted soon poor little man. Sending healing thoughts and  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: to you all xxx