Author Topic: Hello from France  (Read 619 times)

Offline DaisyDaisy

Hello from France
« on: July 03, 2014, 12:00:05 PM »
Hi, we've recently adopted Daisy, a 22 month old working cocker spaniel, and I was really pleased to find this site. I've been around dogs all my life, I've also worked in kennels and puppy walked for the Guide Dogs Association. Never owned a cocker though so lots of new stuff to learn!
We live on a smallholding in rural France, Daisy's life is shared with Dave our 14 year old collie cross, 2 cats, 2 pigs and 22 chickens.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: Hello from France
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 12:04:17 PM »
Hello from across the water in sun drenched England  :005:
We have Gemma, 3 yr red worker. She is our first and came to us at 10 months.
 Look forward to her stories and photos 
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Sirius Mum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 12:10:31 PM »
Hi and welcome

There's quite a few people living in France and I'm sure they will be along to extend a warm welcome

We have Sirius he's a black show cocker pupster who spends his time making us laugh or cry at his antics. Whoever said cockers are hooligans in cute clothing was right  :luv: endless fun for you with Daisy. I look forward to seeing some pics  :D

Offline tenaille

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 12:19:47 PM »
Hi, we also live in rural (Limousin) France, along with Beau our almost 3 year old black show type.  He also fits the 'hooligan in cute clothes' description.

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 12:28:31 PM »
Hello and welcome!  I am owned my Archie, my 11 month old golden show boy.  Your lifestyle in rural France sounds lovely  :luv:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline DaisyDaisy

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 01:26:07 PM »
There's definitely a hooligan hiding behind Daisy's big brown eyes! She's well behaved generally but is a bit 'complicated' sometimes! We're giving her breathing space after changing families and being spayed in the space of 3 weeks, to allow her to get her confidence back and see who she really is, before addressing any of the complications. Simply, she's a joy.
Tenaille, we're also in Limousin, in Creuse. Also sunny at the mo- which is when the lifestyle IS lovely!! Thanks for the welcomes and looking forward to your collective knowledge with all the questions I'm gathering!

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 06:59:34 PM »
Hi and welcome. We are Kerry, Des (OH) and Bonnie (the hooligan in cute clothing). Bonnie is nearly 18 months old and is a working cocker too.

Oh I do envy your lifestyle. Look forward to hearing about Daisy and seeing some photos xx

Offline amichell

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 10:59:33 PM »
Hello and welcome,

I'm Andrea and I have a little 12 month old, medium strength hooligan called Lucie a blue roan show cocker. She's full of mischief but very lovable :luv:
We also live in France near Carcassonne, about 4-5 hours south of you.

Your small holding sounds lovely, looking forward to hearing more about Daisy and her friends!  :D

Offline linda c

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 01:26:51 PM »
Hi and Welcome.

I'm Linda and I'm owned my a 10 year old blue roan show type. Still as mad as ever  :luv:

Looking forward to hearing more about Daisy, your life will never be the same again  :005:

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 05:27:40 PM »
Hi, we are moving over to France (Dordogne) at the beginning of September.  We will be bringing our blue roan show cocker Pippa with us together with our other two dogs and cat.  I hope things are going well with daisy.