Author Topic: New to the joys of cockers  (Read 3353 times)

Offline Ladys tramp

New to the joys of cockers
« on: October 14, 2019, 08:41:29 AM »
Hello everyone
New to the joys of cockers, now the proud parents of two dynamic, crazy, lovable, wonderful...…………
the list could go on but would also include the occasional expletive. As having previously been the pet human of a couple of Alaskan malamutes we foolishly opted for working cocker spaniels. this site has been a wonderful resource of information and insight into what a cocker owner has to go through. We thought malamutes could be a handful. The only major difference so far is the size. Lady and Tramp are a joy. As with all dogs there have been bumps in the road but nothing to big, my OH loves the rushing around craziness they do a couple of times a day ( since learned form here its called ZOOMIES ). Wil continue to read and post on here as and when

thanks J+L

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: New to the joys of cockers
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 09:55:20 AM »
Firstly a big welcome.....wow what a jump to cocker spaniels......hope you find any questions you need answering....if not just ask

Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 10:29:49 AM »
Hi and a big welcome from me and Humphrey, glad you found us. Cockers can indeed be a teeny weeny bit of a handful at times!  ;) but they have a great sense of humour and I‘ve found the „if you can‘t beat ˋem, joinˋem“ approach the easiest. Rejoice in the positives (lots of those) and ignore the negatives, keep smiling and  they‘ll reward you a million times over!  :luv:
.....and for the days when that doesn‘t work, you know now where to find us!!  :D Good Luck and keep us posted!

Offline Ladys tramp

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 10:33:18 AM »
Had malamutes for ten years lost both ours within a month. lady is just like our first malamute flame. same attitude and temperament. Tramp is like our mally boy Bear so laid back and loves cuddles ( bear was 58KG ). so don't get crushed as much now. walk them loads each day both pull like little trains. love being out and about with them. having some issues with our cats at the moment started out all good but now ladys trying to chase our old girl but cant quite manage it vet recommended to let the cats sort it out as the pups will learn

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 05:25:28 PM »
Must admit my first introduction to malamutes was in Minnesota and it was a big boy never thought about his weight  :lol2:...and lived outside in a dog hut and in the garage during the cold winters.....hence my surprise....as for cocker spaniels my friend in Minnesota had an American cocker who I adored called Dudley.....
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline ips

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 01:19:18 PM »
Welcome to the mad house of having a WC 🤣
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline Elisha9

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 02:23:52 PM »
Had malamutes for ten years lost both ours within a month. lady is just like our first malamute flame. same attitude and temperament. Tramp is like our mally boy Bear so laid back and loves cuddles ( bear was 58KG ). so don't get crushed as much now. walk them loads each day both pull like little trains. love being out and about with them. having some issues with our cats at the moment started out all good but now ladys trying to chase our old girl but cant quite manage it vet recommended to let the cats sort it out as the pups will learn

Try off lead! My Cocker walks off lead everywhere and it’s so much better! She’s just turned 1 and I’ve walked her off lead from day 1 so she doesn’t go off unless she runs home when we are around the corner! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk