Author Topic: Sharing a Lottie update  (Read 3393 times)

Offline Sirius Mum

• Donator
Re: Sharing a Lottie update
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2014, 11:17:46 PM »
 :luv: great start glad you are all home  :clapping: :clapping:

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2014, 12:09:16 AM »
So pleased for you. Keep it up Lottie  :banana: :banana:

Offline Koslg

• Donator
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2014, 10:36:33 AM »
Good to hear that they're home and seem to be doing ok. Hope they continue ok x

Offline Lottielove

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2014, 02:08:22 PM »
We had a little outing today to the grounds of a stately home where we often go. They were much much better, and ignored the other dogs, and didn't bark at any people except the man in the ticket booth while we were in the car. Even then they stopped when they were told to.
We can have any backup lessons we want so I'm going to ask for my husband and children to go and have a session with the trainer, I think it will help all of us.
Pictures of today in a thread on Particolours.

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2014, 02:14:28 PM »
I am so pleased for you all, keep up the good work  :luv:
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Lottielove

« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2014, 09:00:59 AM »
Decided on a pavement walk today as the ground will be so awful after yesterday. I parked by my daughter's school and walked around there. We did have one incident where they barked at someone near the school at the end of the walk, but also lots of positive experiences where we passed builders etc, saw another dog ahead who kept looking back at them and passed a dog barking in a garden, all without a reaction. I think actually it's a good idea to do more pavement walks at the moment, to build up their training and get more chances to 'test' them.

Offline Sirius Mum

• Donator
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2014, 10:04:39 AM »
So pleased to hear things are going well. I think it's a brilliant idea for all the family to have  training sessions. It's fun and great way to help each other.  :D

Offline JamiesGirl

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2014, 04:04:08 PM »
So pleased to hear things are going well. I think it's a brilliant idea for all the family to have  training sessions. It's fun and great way to help each other.  :D

same here :)
🐾 Jamie's Girl - Sara 🐾

Offline Lottielove

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2014, 06:30:13 PM »
Things had been slipping a little but we went back to the centre today with all the family for a lesson, and sent offsite through the town centre with the trainer too. DH is much happier having been given some instruction on where he might be going wrong, and Lottie was fine in the town centre with only one exception when she saw another dog. Even then she was instantly better when corrected. I  think the sessions have helped us understand how we could improve and where we might actually have been making things worse.  Certainly they were almost instantly better with the trainer who takes no nonsense (in a good way, it's all positive training).
They are staying there while we are on holiday  next month, and I'm very happy to have found a kennels where I know for myself they'll be happy and I can see pics of them every day, but also they will still train them for us at no extra charge as it's still within the 6 month period.

Offline Sirius Mum

• Donator
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2014, 12:53:10 AM »
This is good news. So pleased it's working well and you are making good progress. Best of all you will be able to relax on holiday certain the dogs are having a good time too  :D

Offline Lottielove

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2014, 07:17:16 AM »
Yes, it's bittersweet because we had booked this holiday as dog-friendly and were taking them, but Lottie was so stressed on the beach in Wales for a couple of days that I think she would genuinely hate 2 weeks in Cornwall. This way is better for all of us at the moment I think, though we'll miss them.