Author Topic: Teenager?  (Read 1827 times)

Offline Surfing Spaniel

• Site Member
Teenager?
« on: December 08, 2003, 10:33:26 AM »
Hiya
Well Ive had a bit of an eventful weekend. The wire to the outside Christmas lights was nibbled through, it wasnt on but it was hidden away. The duvet has been to the launderette to be cleaned as a certain Cocker thought it was a good thing to wee on  :roll: Dylan is just over 6 months & seems to be going backwards a bit (did I mention weeing in the shower :? ) I know they get a bit 'Kevin like' at this age but how long does it last & what can I do to help him get over it. I'm worried about putting the Christmas tree up I cant afford to replace that too  :(                    

Offline PennyB

Teenager?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 10:29:26 PM »
Sounds about right. I thought I'd cracked it with Ruby and then she began misbehaving with a vengance again. She's still naughty (aren't all cockers) but at 19 months she's out of the destructive phase and peeing just for the hell of it when she knows she shouldn't have done it quite there.

I think cockers are perverse at any age and are really just testing whether your sense of humour's intact :lol:                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Teenager?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 06:18:34 PM »
This behaviour is very usual. The key is to go right back to basics and treat him like a new puppy. Keep all doors closed - my boys will wee in the bathroon given half the chance, pity it's not in the loo though :lol:  - keep the door shut and they don't get the chance.

Make sure you reprimand him only if you catch him doing it - and when he is outside doing his stuff - still give him lots of praise. It's easy to think coz he can do it that he should know - but they can forget and as you've found, go backwards.

Good luck :D                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional