Author Topic: Wont poo outside  (Read 685 times)

Offline summertime

Wont poo outside
« on: April 13, 2008, 02:47:08 PM »
Bo is 14 weeks old now and mostly training and everything else is going beautifully but we have one problem, she wont poo outside. we go for walks, take her outside regularly but she just wont do it. we've just been up to the park and I could tell she needed to go so i kept her out for ages but still nothing then as soon as we get home she jumps in her pen and poos on the paper

sometimes I catch her circling in her pen and pick her up and take her outside but then no matter how long I keep her out there she holds it until i let her in again and then she goes.

shes had one or two accidents on the carpet but apart from that she only ever wants to go in her pen on the newspaper, on one occasion the gate to her pen was shut and she managed to pull some newspaper under the pen and poo on that  :005:

any suggestions

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
Re: Wont poo outside
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 03:09:13 PM »
HAve you tried putting her paper outside when she needs to go and gradually reducing the size of the paper until she goes on the ground? Other than that have no idea what to suggest, sorry

L
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline summertime

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 03:11:43 PM »
ive tried taking paper outside but she wont entertain the idea

Offline Philtrum

• Site Member
    • www.PhilLawrencePhoto.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 03:29:20 PM »
as she has the habit of pooing in her crate/pen on the paper, try moving it slowly to the door, a little each day, that way it should be a gradual process for her and more accepting of it, as she has gone outside the crate today on the paper, thats a good start

hope thats of some help

Phil

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 05:40:22 PM »
Alfie wont wee or poo out on walks he is 16 weeks, he waits until we get back into the garden. ::)

We have never used paper or pads though, just taught him to go outside.  ;)

My last boy was like your little one, the paper boy posted the newspaper and Louis would wee on its  arrival.  :005:

Good luck, hope you get it sorted.