Author Topic: Digging  (Read 842 times)

Sue H

Digging
« on: March 20, 2004, 07:56:43 PM »
Bramble has recently started digging frantically at certain points during his walks - we have tried circumventing this by distracting him etc. but  on the return journey he heads straight for his favourite spots, and we can walk on for ages and he still won't come.  If we put him on the lead for a while, he runs back and won't come.  He can definitely hear us ('biscuit' gets a heads up but no recall!).  I don't want to smack, and speaking to him very firmly and taking him away from the area both firmly and with a reward when he proceeds away doesn't seem to have any lasting effect!

We have tried all sorts of different routes and venues, but our most handy walks contain (apparently) the juiciest moles or whatever!

He is now about 16 months and we aren't obsessive about him being 'obedient' - he is just a normal, exuberant (castrated) boy Cocker who is otherwise excellent to deal with - anybody had this problem?

Last Summer he did a lot of digging on the lawn, but hasn't bothered since the weather has been so crap - puppy thing or what?                    

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Digging
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 01:06:48 PM »
Hi,
Annoyingly, our 8 yo rescue of 4 months has started digging in our tiny garden just where I put in some new plants last summer.
She stops when asked to, but is persistent in that every time she goes out she starts straight away - and yes in the same spot.
I don't know if she did this previously, and whether she's just feeling 'at home'.
Good luck,                    
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!